HI, I had anal cancer and was treated. I have been told that it was probably caused by HPV infection. I have also been told that the strains of HPV which cause cancer do not present as "warts". I am concerned that I could have this virus orally and not know it. My larger concern is that I could pass it on to my husband or young son through kissing, drinking out of the same glass or eating from the same utensils. Do I need to be worried? Please answer I can not seem to find the answer.

I can find nothing that would indicate that you could pass HPV infection to anyone through kissing or through any kind of transmission vector such as utensils. It is, as far as I can determine, strictly a sexually transmitted disease. The only case where it might be transmitted orally would be if you had oral sex with an infected person. Even at that, the virus would not remain in the mouth or establish in the saliva.