I’d like to hear what mono transmission other than kissing is. I’m in the middle of my acute mono infection and am sharing the apartment with my roommate and would really appreciate some advice on how to behave regarding mono transmission. Of course I know that I can pass it with kissing but am not familiar with mono transmission other than kissing.

Well I see you know how mono can be easily transmitted by kissing and that’s why mono is also called “kissing disease” but there’re also some other ways of mono transmission other than kissing. You need to avoid sharing foods, dishes, drinking couples and utensils for long after your symptoms has disappeared for this virus keeps being there in your saliva up to six months in some cases. Also it may spread through the air so avoid coughing and sneezing without using napkins of course you don’t have to isolate yourself from the social life or anything like that but just try to take precocious steps to avoid the possibility that your roommate get the virus for as you might know it once you get mono you get it for life. And even tough it’s not transmitted through the physical contact besides this kissing you should still avoid sharing dresses with your friend.