It happens to me every single winter without fail - I get dry and even flaking skin, which I never experience during the warmer months. Yes, before you ask, I do drink enough water and have recently been making an effort to drink even more, as I also do every single winter. I'm not sure, but I think it must be a combination of household heating and the harsher weather conditions outside, though it's not even particularly cold right now. 

I turn to richer moisturizers at the first sign of dryness, but the problem is still there. What moisturizers do you recommend or else do you have any other tips for dry skin in winter only?

You mean like a day cream or a body lotion? I'm not sure since you don't mention your face or body?

Assuming you are looking for a face cream for dry skin, you could check out BareMinerals Bare Haven essential moisturizing soft cream, which is really nice. Kiehls has a nice one too, ultra deep facial cream or something? That is for very dry skin and I used it last year. And perhaps anything with hyaluronic acid could help you too, since that is very moisturizing for the skin?

I don't have very dry skin but do like to keep well hydrated, and I find that Elizabeth Arden's "Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant" is a good product for me. I am less fussy about my facial creams in summer too. Many people with dry skin recommend you check out natural oils too. I have had a moisturizer with Jojoba oil in it before, which was very nice, but I find the natural oils themselves, such as Jojoba, Argan, Almond, etc, do not soak into my particular skin well, leaving it greasy on the outside and dry on the inside if that makes any sense. They may work for you, though?

Bag balm does it best.

What's bag balm?

I use this bio oil myself. That contains lots off stuff, it doesn't say what the ingredients are actually, but it's pretty good for dry skin. Previously, I have also used, well, pretty much everything under the sun, argan oil, blackseed oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, whatever was on special offer :). I didn't like the almond oil that much because it made my skin feel kind of greasy. Jojoba oil is nice, and I really like argan oil but it's a bit on the pricey side. When I get desperate, I am also not above putting coconut cooking oil on my skin. That's more like butter. It works just fine by the way.

Celebrity

Hey,

Another recommendation for oil from me here. I'm not sure if everyone reading here is seeing the other topic, so here goes. I have extremely dry and sensitive skin myself, and I still choose day cream formulations occasionally when something just looks so interesting that I don't want to pass it up, but my go-to solution is now argan oil. Even if you don't want to go for a straight out natural oil, you can find moisturizer formulations that contain it. Look for avocado oil, which is highly moisturizing, and jojoba oil, as well as argan oil. 

Rosie

Pond's Dry Skin Cream wins the prize for me. I know it smells bad and I'd rather have a more luxurious product, but I notice that my skin gets so flaky and uncomfortable in winter that almost nothing else will stop it. Pond's is great if you have sensitive skin as well as dry, and it absorbs rather rapidly.
The smell either goes away or becomes unnoticeable to me after a while, and I'm left with skin I can actually work with, which is definitly the most important thing to me when my skin is angry! Don't discount it, give this classic a go.

Celebrity

Hey,

Another thing that is good to keep on remembering is that while putting things on your skin, and oils are definitely the best for dry skin, you want to look beyond that as well. What is the underlying cause of your dry skin? Dehydration, likely, which means both exposure to dry air and a lack of fluid intake. 

You want to be drinking more water in winter. I know the "eight large glasses a day" is nonsense as how much water you need depends on your external environment as well as overall health, but generally speaking, the drier your environment, the more fluids you want to be taking in. 

A good humidifier is also excellent for dry air in which heating is used. Your skin will thank you if you invest in one. 

Rosie