I am battling pseudomonas and MRSA infection. I was told that they mutated and became resistant on therapy I am using. This is scary!!! I was four months on Cipro constantly, but then I developed a fungicide resistant yeast infection that took another four months of three different drugs to clear and gave me an allergy to all topical fungicides. Any body experienced this?

I was colonized with MRSA and pseudomonas infection. I had problem with meds too, I can’t take gentamycin or vanc do to kidney disease. I am currently on Zyvox 600mg, Cipro 500 twice daily, Cellcept 200mg twice daily, Plaquenil 200mg 3x a day, Imuran 50mg 3x a day, alot of other stuff. I am sick and tired of this.

You can take Gentamycin, my daughter with kidney disease contracted pseodonous in her kidney from the hospital. The treatment was 35 weeks of IV therapy at home with Gentamycian, however when using this you are required to have your blood levels check every 48 hours to make sure that the levels of the gentamycian are not high. Continual high levels of this medication can cause more problems, but if properly monitored treatment is very successful.