I am 15 years old and everyone around me is changing so much, and yet I'm not. I am one of the oldest students in my year yet everyone around me is changing and maturing through puberty and it appears as if I am not. My voice has not broken and my adam's apple is not visible. Also, I do swimming as a sport at school and I can't help but see everyone else has armpit hair, and I have 3-4 tiny, miniscule hairs protruding from my armpits. I do have pubic hair, however my penis is smaller than the average size of a 15 year old boy's penis. I am worried about things like my testosterone levels and whether I am going to mature. I am extremely self-conscious about myself, although people wouldn't think that as I don't tend to show it, and I am a bit depressed that I am not maturing like everyone else, as I would like to. I used to be like everyone else but as everyone has come back from the summer holidays and returned to school, I immediately noticed everyone had grown much taller than me (when I used to be as tall as everyone else), and everyone's voices had broken.

(I accidentaly posted this on the Penile Disorders section)

Hi Guest,

We all develop at different rates/times.  There are MANY 15/16 year olds that do not have any armpit hair.  It often comes in later during puberty.  Your voice can change at any point too.  Your penis can grow into your early 20's.  I'm also guessing that you are seeing your friends penises when they are not erect.  Flaccid size varies considerably.

You are developing normally from your post. 

Hope it helps.

Thank you very much. Your comment does help. Out of interest, do you think I should get my testosterone levels checked, or do I have nothing to worry about? I have just read online that if a person has low testosterone levels it is best to fix that in early life.

I wouldn't worry about it. You are developing normally. Just because you aren't as "advanced" as the other guys it does not mean there is a problem.

We all really do develop differently. Don't compare yourself to anyone else. You can't. Your genetics are unique to you.

Hope it helps.

Thank you so much. Your comments mean a lot to me and have been very helpful.