Hi, I am getting new dentures on Thursday, and I’m very exited. I don’t worry because they can’t be worse than my old teeth. However, I would like to know how long does it take to get on with the new dentures.

Hi, when I got my new dentures, I felt a huge discomfort and I had a constant feeling they would get loose. I asked my dentist about that, and he told me that it’s normal because they should tighten up when they settle. New dentures were also causing discomfort by rubbing the gums. For the first couple of nights, I wasn’t taking them out, because my mouth needed to get used to them. When you get the new dentures, don’t be surprised if you salivate more than usual in the first couple of hours, because your body might think that you have food in your mouth. It would help if you took a sugar free mint when you start to salivate. I had to get new dentures again after three months, because the first were made only by guessing of what the gums will be like without teeth. Good luck with new dentures!