Hi, I am 23 years old, and I have a terrible smile. My teeth are something between yellow and brown, and I have a huge space between them. I am considering dentures, but I don’t know if I am I too young them. I really need a good advice.

Hi, I was 20 when I decided to put dentures. I had terrible teeth and I was depressed because of it. I wasn’t socializing because I always had a feeling that everyone was looking at my teeth. I was sick and tired of living with that burden. I asked my mother what she thinks, and she agreed that I should have dentures, at least partial. And so I did it. Now I have fixed partial dentures and I feel like a completely new person. It was much more expencive than removable dentures, but it was worth every penny. They look natural, and only few people notice that they’re not real. I don’t think I was too young for this, but if you’re not sure about yourself, maybe it’s better to wait a little.

I know how you feel...but DON"T GET DENTURES....they are the worse thing that has ever happened in my entire life! I too have had bad teeth my entire life and finally at 33, I got full, top dentures. They are horrible! They make be gag so bad that I throw up, I can't eat, I can't leave the house....I am embarrassed that I have no top teeth, my kids can't have friends over because I don't want anybody seeing....but if I wear them, I throw up and continue to do so until they come out! Spend the money and get your teeth fixed...but DON"T GET DENTURES!!!

amynichole

I am sorry to hear that you been through such hard times with your dentures, but, by things that I know, that I been discussing with the dentist and even reading about it... what happens with you is a bad professional in charge helping you out. There's no reason to gag, they can trim all the excess and adjust it properly but you got to insist to wear it until you get used to it, which can take a little while. If you refuse to wear it, you'll never get used as many people do. Please, there's absolutely no reason to hide from anyone, what you need is to go a GOOD place and have your dentures redone by a GOOD PROFESSIONAL. I just have this done few days ago, and I already started to get used to it. Go for it, live your life, be happy and smile, remembering that, there's a lot of worse things in life without any possibility to be fixed.

I can recommend you a good clinic that is it and you should really take care of yourself. I have always been obsessed with my teeth but needed whitening and some fillings. is the one, but it really depends where you live. I paid much more that in the Uk so maybe it is worths trying!
Helen

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I tryed the oragel thing(I just got my detures yestarday and they made me gag bad!)and it is helping!!NUmb the top of your mouth so far ive been able to wear them for longer than usual without gaging.Ill let you know what happens after it wears off

I am 18 and got full dentures and I am more and more used to them. It was a terrible sight when looking at myself in the mirror without teeth, but now I don't mind. The dentures looks great.

I had uneven teeth and they started to get loose so I had them all pulled and feel great now.

Sounds to me like someone made you dentures that do not fit you properly??? Have you gone back to your dentist? This is not normal.

I was 18 when I decided to get dentures. Strangely enough there was nothing wrong with the teeth except that they were a bit uneven. I lived in a place where dentures were very common. In high school 6 in my class had full dentures and two did not have any teeth. Mom and dad had dentures early too.
The dentist had nothing against pulling my teeth , but told me about pros and cons and had to sign a paper where I declared that it was my decision against his recommendation.
I was of course nervous . Surgery was over less than an hour and I felt a mouthfull with plastic. The worst day was the 4th after extraction.After that every day became better.
After a month I barely felt the dentures.. Have had them for 5 years now and have never regretted what I did. I can eat what I want. Where I lived many pulled their teeth to avoid toothpain and drilling and rootcanals.SoI say that go for dentures.

Got mine when I was 19. That was 58 years ago and I don't miss the originals one bit. No tooth aches, no emergency trips to the dentist, eat whatever I like and ice is fun.