i had my teeth pulled not too long ago and my dentures dont fit dentist wont do anything i have spent some money on different adhesives but they dont seem to work either.i have a very bad gag reflex so i cant wear my dentures at all does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do about the gag reflex

You paid for those, it's his job to make them work for you. If you bought a new washing machine and it didn't work would you find it acceptable that they wouldn't fix it?

One time when I got a new set of teeth I kept going back because they didn't fit. After about the 10th time the dentist gave me a refund and took them back. I was wearing a set the same dentist had made about 15 years before so I don't know why he gave up on the new ones.

I have had several new dentures in the 55 years I have been wearing them (first ones at 19 years old) and all it takes is fixing the immediate problem and then the next one until they fit right.

Strange that I have had the same gag problem you describe with every set. It is because the back edge of the upper plate is too long and it needs to be shortened. I think they intentionally make it too long so they can shorten it just enough to relieve the problem. That way it is as long as possible to create the most suction possible to hold them in place.

Was he a real dentist or a "denturist"? Some states like Maine allow "denturists" to practice. They are not regulated the same as dentists by most states where they are allowed so you never know how good they may be.

If you can't get anything done and you feel comfortable using a dremel tool you can grind away the excess material yourself. I have done that myself many times after the dentist has finished fitting them. After I've had them a few years and I begin getting a sore that's caused by the denture rubbing on my gums I know he's going to charge me to fix that and I know how operate a dremel tool myself so I do it.

Most dentists charge $2000 to $3000 for them so if they don't fit and he won't do anything --- well that's what small claims court is for.

you ever heard of western dental they had very bad reviews so i gave them the benfit of the doubt. my teeth are beatiful and look good when there in he also told me i have no suction up top. i have been thinking about overdentures but i dont know how much they cost.i have tried the dremel tool alittle bit at a time.that dentist does not want to help me and it pisses me off.i hate not having no teeth in my mouth.i think it was a real dentist its one of those offices that train people to become dentists.but there are real dentists there

If the top plate goes far enough back so you have gag problems I think that will also be the reason for no suction. If they look nice perhaps it's worth trying to fit them yourself.

I have found when they shorten them just enough to stop the gag problem and the suction is ok they are usually still long enough so they rub on whatever that soft upper stuff is at the back of your mouth and create canker sores and have to be shortened a bit more to relieve that. Then you have periodic canker sores elsewhere that require more grinding.

Won't they keep working at it? If they are a teaching organization I would think they would expect to have to do that quite a lot.

My first ones were made by an army Major and they fit well and really looked nice. But the army decided I needed new ones after two years and those were made by a young Lieutenant who was loosely supervised by a Lt. Colonel. He had a lot of trouble getting them right (more or less). In the end they fit ok but were not nearly as good looking as the first ones. I kept those about 20 years. The next ones were made by the dentist near my house and about 20 years later I went back for new ones which he gave up on fitting and gave me my money back. That's when I ended up going to a denturist across the state line. Those are about 13 years old and I need to replace them as they have worn down to where the teeth are flat with the base "gums". So I am looking for a new set now. I think I will try Aspen Dental as they have an office only a few miles from me.

I hope you can get them to fix the problem. It seems like they should.

i dont know but it has me pretty depressed not having no teeth in my mouth.i cant even look in the mirror without crying.it has been so long since i have been able to smile.i hope they fix them cause if they dont i will.