Hello! For the last couple of weeks my gums have been itchy and sort of tight. I don’t have insurance, so I can’t go to a dentist right now. Is there anybody who could tell me what this could be?

Hey! Once I had a similar problem, my gums were itching all the time. I went to a dentist and he said there was nothing wrong with my gums, no disease or anything. But he told me to try and change my tooth paste because some Tartar control toothpastes can cause this feeling. I listen to the doc, and he was right. Ever since I stopped using this tooth paste, the itching stopped. Now, it may happen that you have some sort of infection. I don’t know, I am not good with teeth. What if you have a gum disease or something that can be pretty dangerous? If you develop some other symptoms, I would say to you to get the money and have your teeth checked.

excellent question, because i am currently experiencing the same itchy gums. Interestingly, this is the first time ever that happened to me. i am 26, do not have diabetes or any other medical condition to affect my immune system. i read someone having an apple a day before and having itchy gums. well i had an apple two days ago( i rarely eat apples-especially the green ones) and so it is one of my differential diagnosis. in addition, i am also suspecting inflammation of my gums due to infection, because i had minor cough recently, a minor mouth ulcer and today, itchy gums, which are not diffuse, but affecting only my lower three teeth. it adds to a pattern of infection rather than a systemic disease or allergy. but, something that goes against infection is that i do not have bleeding gums.