Hi, I am 24 years old and in good health. I am at my ideal weight and body fat. I'm 5' 7" and 135LBS. I excersice regularly and am very active. My entire life I have played sports. But I am always tired. I get plenty of sleep and have tried every way to be a morning person and wake up. It doesn't matter if I get 6,8,10 or 12 hours of sleep at night I can't wake up in the morning. I have been like this since I can remember. My family used to tease me about it but now that I am older it affects my job because I am chronically late. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed. I have tried to go to bed and get up at the same time in the mornings for two months straight to create a "Habit". Nothing is working for me. I really need help or suggestions on things I could do or if I need to see a doctor? Thank you for any help you can be.

I have the same problem when I am not working and have responsibilities that could be postponed.
However, when I work I always get up on time.

Are you tired, can't wake up or don't feel like waking up?

You yourself can only break this by getting up when the alarm rings!!!!

See your GP for a blood work!

I DON'T KNOW WHO SAID WE HAVE TO GET UP SO EARLY TO GOTO WORK I DON'T KNOW WHY WE CAN'T START THE DAY AT NOON

I have the exact same problem. No one seems to understand it and people just call me lazy. I feel more awake when I'm going to bed. When I get up it feels like I went to sleep for 3 hours, no matter how much sleep I get. I too have played sports all my life, and have always eaten healthy. I'm not depressed. I just want it fixed. Maybe I'm not getting enough oxygen at night?

I think everyone has it. It just depends all on willpower. For me getting up seems impossible too, but like I said, you need to have willpower. It might help if you put your alarm to go off every 1 minute from the time you want to get up.

It does NOT all depend on willpower! I am a very driven and successful administrator at a university and am able to reach any goal I set. I definitely have willpower. I too suffer from being tired very often and have tremendous difficulty waking up in the morning. This is not a case of ignoring the alarm clock or hitting snooze too many times, and I didn't read that as the case with the initial post on this thread. For me, I don't even hear the alarm clock. Most the time, I wouldn't even notice if the smoke detector alarms were going off (I have slept through this before). And when I do come to consciousness, I feel as though I've only slept for a couple of hours.

i am another who suffers from this, have done for almost as long as i can remember. My parent always believed i was lazy or that i just didn't give a sh*t about my job when in actual fact its a real struggle! When i try and explain this to family it falls on deaf ears, its really getting me down i don't know who to turn to about it anymore! 

I am having the same problem. I always wake up feeling extremely exhausted. My shoulders are always so sore and it feels like my body is glued to the bed. My parents think that I am too lazy and dont have enough willpower; while the truth is that I hate being like this. I am thinking of going for the Sleep Apena test soon and hopefully I will know what is wrong with me

I too have a lot of willpower and are very successful, but suffer from the exact same thing. I have been to the doctor numerous times, but of course they find nothing. I worry because I never hear the alarm clock & god forbid if there was a fire in my home I would not hear the smoke detectors either. I am desperate for a solution

It could possibly be due to adrenal exhaustion. See a doctor for blood work and specifically specializing in chronic fatigue/adrenal exhaustion.

I have the same issue and am fed up of being called lazy.  Ive been like this since I was a teenager and thought I would grow out of it. Im now 33, fit and healthy and exercise regularly. My husband gets up at 6.30 every morning and goes to the gym before work, I struggle to get in work for 9 and go to the gym after work, meaning my husband is at home earlier than me cooking and cleaning which makes me feel so guilty.  I have tried everything to try and get up with him, but I dont think straight in the morning, thoughts of going to the gym doesnt even enter my head, Im still in sleep mode  and I just roll over and go back to sleep and then feel guilty the rest of the day, vowing to try again the following day.

Tell your wife to pull your duvet off the bed.