Hi!  I'm a 19 year old female girl.  I was going back to my college dorm and carrying a heavy load of food, laundry, and a backpack of electronics.  A few 4 hours after wards my arm felt funny pressure and my back was sore and I figured it was from lifting all the c**p up the hill to my dorm.  I got really tired, took a shower to relax, and went to bed.  I usually sleep free fall style in bed because sleeping on my side causes my limbs to fall asleep, so for years I've slept in this way.  When I'm asleep I don't usually move either, since I'm up on a bunk so I'm pretty trained to be still.  I woke up an hour later with a jolt and a gasp and realized my entire arm was numb and I was still in the same position.  So I woke it up, laid for a while and I noticed it was slowly starting to get numb again.  I thought it was weird. Called my mom and she said that it was probably a pinched nerve like I thought it was from carrying the things.  So I tried to breathe and I fell asleep again, in 2 hours I re-awoke, but this time my entire leg and foot, the lower side of my torso, and half of my face was asleep.  My entire left side basically (my arm was half way asleep but better than the rest).  I tried to wake my limbs up and it freaked me out mainly because I never experienced it extreme this way before. So I think I had a bit of a panic attack, I get them every once in a while in my sleep but I was awake this time.  Also I was scared because when it comes to being numb on one side usually the first thing I think about is a stroke.  I couldn't fall asleep again so I woke up and made breakfast and tea.  I was wobbly and dizzy getting out of bed but I got a lot better.  Now I have a splitting headache and I'm as tired as hell. 
Basically I'm thinking this was all a pinched nerve coated with a panic attack, ...or it's something a lot worse like a Transient Ischemic Attack since I had a lot of those symptoms too.   The thing is I'm really young, I am thin, I try to eat healthy but the past weekend I was home and didn't do as good, I walk to school everyday and back, I have a little history with panic attacks and stress and I know how to deal with them usually, I'm taking prescribed anti bacterial medicine for acne, and I never had half of the left side of my body fall asleep before.  I try to force myself to not think of the worst, but I have no idea how to take this one...it would be a totally different story if it was part of my right arm falling asleep too or something, but only my left side makes me think more.

Basically should I wait it out until it happens again?  Get a massage?  See the college health center?  What?

ChristinaWhat ever happened? Did you figure out what was going on? Because it's been happening to me and I haven't been able to sleep because I'm terrified...