I'm fifteen and a boy and this may be ironic as it is 10 pm as i'm typing this, but I am really worried about my health because of how much sleep I get and how it's affecting my growth. I sometimes don't fall asleep until 12 and I wake up around 6:30. I have started going through puberty but I might be in the early stages. I don't have any signs of facial hair or armpit hair but I have some at the base of my penis and testicles and my voice is about 2-3 steps lower (a little lower... sorry i'm a musician) than it was during the summer, but still relatively high. My penis is about 4 1/2 inches long when erect which i'm not too worried about, because it still will probably grow. Also, I am 5'3" and shorter than all of the other boys in my grade (10). The problem is that I have a hard time getting enough sleep at night because of distractions and stress and i'm worried that it will stunt my growth and development and that maybe My penis won't grow anymore because of it. If anyone can give me any suggestions to help me sleep better and let me know if I have already caused permanent damage to my ability to develop and how much sleep I should get, that would be great. Thank you.

hey there good news is im sure you have not had any permenant damage done and your just a bit of a late bloomer with puberty..... you are in puberty and should continue developing. while the amount of sleep you are getting is below the recommended 8-9 hours it still is not too bad for someone your age.  it is not uncommon for people your age to have trouble falling asleep. your body usually does not release the "sleep hormone" melatonin until closer to midnight this may be why you don't feel sleepy until later.  what do you usually do before bed? how do you try and fall asleep and what is stressing you out/destracting your from sleeping?

thanks

Well before bed I usually have some distractions such as a laptop ir I'm at my desktop playing games or on my phone and I lose track of time. I'm not entirely sure why I do this. Maybe it's because i'm stressed thinking about whether or not somebody at school likes me or I have a project that is due soon and then sometimes I stay up masturbating. I'm a huge procrastinator. I keep telling myself that I am going to get a normal amou t of sleep but I just keep doing the same thing and then I regret it the next day. Anyways I usually end up falling asleep when i'm too tired to pay attention to my distractions and occasionally I get to 1 or 2 am before I fall asleep.

The falling asleep at 1-2 am is a rare occurance

So the first thing I would try is to try and not go on your phone or laptop while lying in bed, they actually stimulate your brain and keep you up much later, also how much physical exercise do you usually get per day? do you play any sports?
also you can try reading a book before bed..... that always knocks me out quick lol

There are periods of time where I'm working out most days and there are times where I'm not doing much. I play golf but the season ended and I play baseball during the scoring and summer. I don't do a whole lot other than that. I'm not not a huge sports person or running person because of my asthma. Sorry about the late reply

Hey morty so what I would suggest is to my look at your phone or computer when you are in bed......(or watch tv). Possibly try reading a book in bed ...... try to get some form of exercise per day. Even if it is just going for a fast walk so tourbasthma dosnt flare up ..... or you could try a bit more strenuous exercise but just use your inhaler before your do it or carry it with you in case you need it.....

Ok thanks bio major. I will try reading and exercising. Thanks for all your advice i really appreciate it.