I was wondering if most people can feel a really hard bump just behind your uvula?

My doctor noticed a 'swelling' and I'm having investigations. I was wondering if this lump was it.

Any chance you guys could tell me what you can feel in yours?! Is it bone hard or softer? thanks

J

Hi there,

How do you mean just behind your uvula? Is it on the upper part of your throat or down where tonsils are located? The swelling can be caused by many things. However in many cases the swelling is caused by some sort of infection. Thing is that infection can be bacterial, viral or even fungal. So it is a good thing that you are doing these tests to find what is causing your lump. Do you have any pain when you swallow? Have you been using any medication for this lump? I know that in some cases even mouth wash can help with mild infections in the mouth.

Good luck with your treatment.

I found this on a site where doctors answer questions:

"The soft bony projection behind the uvula could be granulation over the posterior pharyngeal wall. This granulation tissue appears as a result of constant assault from conditions such as chronic inflammation of the tonsils, sinusitis, allergy (hay fever), pharyngitis, and gastro-esophageal reflux disease. In all these conditions, the posterior pharyngeal wall appears like cobble stone."

"The bony sensation you perceived over the posterior pharyngeal wall could be due to the bone - spinal vertebra, underlying the granulation tissue. It is very unlikely for a bony pathology do develop at that region. If at all there were to be any pathology, your doctor would have definitely subjected you to tests like CT scan/MRI to find the cause of the bony projection."

okay I have actually been feelin this in my throats right behind my uvula as well, did u ever find out what it was??

I'm just curious if you still have this? I have had mine for several yrs and I'm still not satisfied with what I've been told it is. I've been told that it's my vertebrae.

I just noticed one as well then after researching
i found this site..... is it normal?