About 2 weeks ago I woke up with a store throat, I looked at my throat in the mirror using a flash light and they were covered in white streaks. I figured it was tonsillitis and like it usually does for me it just goes away on its own keeping good oral hygiene. However, last night I was swallowing food and I suddenly felt a lump in my throat, thinking it was food stuck to the roof of my mouth I tried move it with my tongue but it wouldn't go away so again I looked at my tonsils,

Horrified I noticed a large lump infront of the left tonsil, red lump with a little bit of a black spot on it. The next day I went to see a doctor about it, He diagnosed me with tonsillitis, like I had suspected but had absolutely no idea what that red/black lump was.

This lump feels loose and moves around when I swallow and I constantly feel like I have something in my throat and its making me having to swallow more, it touches the back the far back of my tongue constantly and irritating my gag reflexes. I prescribed me with antibiotics and wants to see me again on Monday.

Since my appointment earlier this lump is hanging further down and is a lot more loose but yet attached to the left side of my throat in front of the left tonsil, it looks like it could be part of the tonsil it as similar texture to it, I feel it when I talk, I feel it when I chew, I can barely lie down because it hangs down so low and touches the back of my tongue. I am really nervous about this and the fact that my doctor who has been in practice for many years had really no clue what it was.

I also have a very high blood pressure 160/90 been feeling weak in the body, energyless, I do not have a fever.

I am so irritated by this that I want to just take tweezers and rip that darn thing out of my mouth, I can live with soar throat, I can live with pain while swallowing.. this lump, I cannot stand...

Has anyone ever heard anything like this before? I tried googling it but couldnt find anything that sounds like this.

I would hope that your doctor saw that as part of your evaluation, but if you think that the doctor did not see it, perhaps you should go back or get a second opinion. Would you be able to do that soon? I think it might not be a bad idea. What do you think?

I have had a sevearly soar troat for a couple of years now. Last week I had strep throat, it was so bad that i couldn't swallow and it made talking difficult. Last night while I was working I felt something strange in my throat, thinking it was mucus I coughed it up. Instead of mucus it seemed to be a piece of my tonsil. Is it possible to loose a tonsil? What else could it be?

When you cough that up it's not part of your tonsil it's actually food that gets stuck in the tonsils. It's Nothing to be worried about. As long as you take antibiotics you'll be fine.
hope this helped you!!! (:

I just noticed this exact same thing as you described on my left tonsil. This is the second time I have had a growth, however the first was on my uvula. I had that removed through surgery. Now it is on my tonsil.  I will go to the doctor soon.  I am sure it is nothing too serious, but it is very annoying.

I noticed the exact same thing in my throat last night! I had a really sore throat for a few days and then just last night felt like I had food stuck in my throat. But when I looked in the mirror I saw what appears to be a piece of tonsil with a blackish end hanging down in my throat. It's not sore, but just really irritating. Did you ever figure out what it was? And what did you do about it?

I've had the same thing happen. Did you ever get an answer?

what was the outcome of this. experiencing the same thing

Did anyone get sn answer for this?? Expecting this atm