Hello, folks. I am usually fine and do not suffer from any disease, but lately I have been feeling a constant pressure over my left eye. I really don’t know what could cause this. I will have to visit an ophthalmologist, but I would like to know something more about this before I go. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Hi, there. Eye pressure is also known as intraocular pressure. It is controlled by the amount of watery fluid called aqueous humor. It fills the front part of an eye. In normal eye there is a balance between a production and elimination of this humor. However, if it is produced more or if its elimination is compromised, then an eye pressure can increase. This can lead to a disease called glaucoma. That is why I recommend you to visit your ophthalmologist at once. He will examine you and determine your condition. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!