4 weeks ago I had a very painful EMG. I called the drs office many times and was told to go on Neurontin each time they increased the dose finally to 1800 mg a day. I was taking Loratab before this so I continued it mid dose due to extreme pain. It would take the edge off, but not really take care of the shooting pains. Finally, I went to the hospital, they told me I had some kind of a muscle problem, and sent me home on muscle relaxers. Needless to say, I could hardly function. Yesterday, I went to my neurologist that ordered the emg and she sent me to the hospital again because my calf was really hard. Turns out, I have a phlebitis from
the needle. To look at my leg, you really cannot tell something is wrong. (But it HURTS really bad) I have been on Warfarin for the past 12 years due to a blood clotting problem (antiphosphilipid Antibody Syndrom), I had a dopler done and was told i did not have a DVT. Great....Fantastic, but I did have a phlebitis. I was sent home being told apply heat and elevate. Because I couldn't take Naprosin, they did not say anything else about what to do. My friend brought me over ted stocking which I have on that does relieve some of the pain, the drs assistant said it was okay. my primary is out of town, and no one will help me because I have so many other problems and I am on a ton of meds. I have type 2 diabetes, thyroid problems, high colestral, fluctuating blood pressure, circulation problems in legs (taking Verapimil for that approx. 1 year) prolapsed mitro valve, RA and OA, told I had Lupus (sometimes test shows negitive and other times shows positive), i had bleeding ulcers and transfusions 3 years ago, so I can't take any asprin type medication. I need to know how to get through this because I have tickets to fly 3000 miles away in 8 days. I am told I shouldn't be able to get a DVT because I am on 5mg of Warfar daily and has been for 12 years. I also take my own Pt/Inr with a machine that was approved for me a couple of years ago. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You! Linda S Roesch