In October of 2005 I had the first of 3 surgeries to have my entire large intestine and rectum removed. I had a temporary colostomy bag, but march of 2006 i had that taken down, and now i have an ileal pouch, or whatever it is called, where my small intestine is used as my rectum. My question is this: CAN I GET PREGNANT still? will it be hard? What will some of the complications be?

Yes you can get pregnant still, and it will not be any harder. Your intestines are part of your digestive system, which has nothing to do with getting pregnant. The egg is in your uterus, not your intestines.

I had a total colectomy in 2001 and was delivering a baby exactly one year later to the date in 2002. I am currently pregnant again six years later.

There doesnt seem to be a lot of information for those of us who have had large intestines removed. My surgery luckily was only one and I did not have to have a bag, they attached the illeum to the rectum... seven years I have lived with...

The only thing different is the constipation gets worse!!! and there is more room for the baby to grow so you wont sho as quickly

I do not know about getting pregnant but i recently had my entire large intestine removed, (2 months ago) I also got the pouch. I would like to know how you have recuperated and what can I expect in the years to come. So far these 2 months have been miserable.

Hi there,
I was just wondering if you could elaborate on how your pregnancy was in regards to the constipation. I had the same surgery as you and am currently 6 months pregnant and the constipation has just started to get bad which is quite hard to get used to as I am used to the opposite - going multiple times a day. As I have so much scar tissue from previous operations I am more prone to small bowel obstruction and am on a low residue diet to try and prevent any obstructions from occurring. I am also very anxious about all the changes going on with my body and was wondering if you had any tips on how you handled the constipation?

Ally

Completely wrong!!! Do your research.

There are risks as they are operating close to your repraductive organ and can cause adhesions they say the risk of being infertile are 50/50