Hi there!
I’m 55 yrs old, I’m frequently smoker and have overweight of 12lbs. Recently I went to my doc and he has diagnosed Colon Polyps. I also have a lot of blood in the stool, and my doc said it is from polyps. I don’t know much about it so please if you experienced Colon Polyps let me know more about it. Thanks in advance!

As I know a polyp is extra tissue that grows inside your body. Colon polyps grow in the large intestine. The large intestine, also called the colon, is part of your digestive system. It's a long, hollow tube at the end of your digestive tract where your body makes and stores stool.

Most are benign, which means they are not cancer. But over time, some types of polyps can turn into cancer. Usually, polyps that are smaller than a pea aren't harmful. But larger polyps could someday become cancer or may already be cancer.

If you eat a lot of fatty foods, smoke, drink alcohol and as you said, have overweight, then it’s very possible that you’re one of candidates to get colon polyps in your large intestine.

The Colon Polyps can be removed only by surgical intervention. The doctor takes Colon Polyps out during sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy.

I had blood in my stools
I have had a the small scope up my rectum and the long scope around my colon.They found polyps in rectum but none in colon.did a ct scan blood tests. removed them with laser at the end of the scope.The polyps were benign.Thats is 5 years ago no sign of any more 18months ago when I had last long scope
Glad I went when I did now a 60year old male