I am 23 years old man. Recently I have been experiencing health problems so I went to see my doctor. When I told him about my symptoms he took my blood for some tests. I am still waiting for the results, but I would like to know is it possible that it could be colon cancer? Am I too young to get it?

I can't tell you if it's possible that you have colon cancer because I don't have enough information. Your doctor is the only one who knows your condition. However, I understand that you are worried and that is normal. You are young but there are a lot of factors to consider. For example, is there a history of colon cancer in your family? I can help you by giving you some basic information about colon cancer. The colon is the part of the digestive system where the waste material is stored and tumors of the colon and rectum are growths arising from the inner wall of the large intestine. Benign tumors are called polyps and malignant tumors are called cancers. Benign polyps can be easily removed during colonoscopy, and they are not life threatening. If benign polyps are not removed they can become malignant over time. Most of the cancers of the large intestine are believed to have developed from polyps. Diagnostic tests for colon cancer are colonoscopy, blood tests, x-rays, ultrasound, tests for blood in the stool and many others. Treatment for colon cancer can involve surgery, chemotherapy and radiation.