Has anyone experienced continued tightness, fullness and pain post Thyroidectomy for the past 8 months without any relief and real answers has to why this is happening.

Yes I am having the same problem. The MD that took out 1/2 my thyroid sayes there is nothing wrong, and I sould go see a neurologist if
I have pain. My endocrinologist told me a neurologist would be a waste of time. The Endocrinologist put me on Neurotin 900mg a day. It hasn't helped. Now what? What are you going to do next?

Wow, yes I too have tightness in my throat when I swallow! Doc says it will go away and it has been improving. I notice though when Im stressed it gets worse like a lump in my throat and it gets hard to breath. I have to slow down and take a deep breath because my throat feels tight. Again, this is normal and will go away. I also used to burp uncontrollably but this went away finally. Thank God my husband loves me! It took a month to return to work and feeling dizzy is very common. Do your breathing excercises!!! I cannot stress this enough. Feeling dizzy will go away after you strengthen your lungs from surgery. The dizziness is from a sympathetic nervous system this is a real term; it causes your heart to race and BP to rise. Not to mention feeling really dizzy because your hyperventilating and don't even know it. Seriously.

My voice is still hoarse though but improving daily. It's my understanding they cut through 4 layers of muscle to get to the thyroid so I guess excercise should be on the agenda. Massage definitely helps my tightness too. Anyone have sore boobs though?? Weird. My scar is very small and I have no swelling but, I also had a specialist / surgeon who does like 500 thyroid surgeries a year, she's quite amazing. If your skin is stuck in weird places get a second opinion that is not normal! The Cleveland Clinic Foundation will give you a FREE second opinion. Go for it! Finally, if your feeling tingly all over your body and your heart is racing take some chewable caltrate pills because it was my calcium that dropped and caused all kinds of issues just like these. Did you know your calcium regulates your heart, muscles, nerves etc? It's horrible when you don't have enough calcium. I however am not cancer free yet. I have to have my radiation dose next month and then God willing be free from cancer!! I'm starting a website called LifeAfterThyroidectomy.com if anyone wishes to visit in the near future to blog about their experience for others please come by. As for after surgery photos I'll post them there. My scar is very small since the Cleveland Clinic uses what they call plastic surgery incisions. It's incredible. I think I healed really well due to the large amounts of cranberry juice I started drinking 2 months before surgery. But, like one blogger wrote. We all heal differently. Hope this helps!

What is the procedure for getting an opinion from the Cleveland Clinic Foundation?

Bam Bam: I know this is awkward but did you ever find a reason for the sore breasts? I too have this problem, having just had a TT for T cancer. It is really strange.

I had a total thyroidectomy a month and a half ago and am experiencing a terrible and almost constant choking feeling, and I am reading this is pretty common. I have told my surgeon, my endocrinologist, my ENT and they don't give it much importance but this is bothering me a lot and I am getting desperate! Did you recover already and how long did it take you? I am scared!

I had the same thing and it was horrible. My personal experience tells me it is scar tissue. After six weeks post-surgery, I went to a Rolf practitioner who manipulated the tissues for a couple of weeks and both my scar tissue and the resulting discomfort was gone. It was well worth the money, since it's obviously not covered by insurance. Anyway, that's my two cents. If you can find a Rolf practitioner in your area, I'd suggest getting a consult. Hope that helps.