I have had a thyroidectomy and want to know what natural alternatives can help with the depression, fatigue and not being able to focus, memory loss. I am on a thyroid med.(levothyroxine)

Try using Dihydroquercetin.I have been using it ever since i was diagnosed with Gillium Barre Syndrome. It is the only thing that helps me through the day to combat fatigue.
Good luck

I tried several thryroid medicines and still felt the same way, chronic fatigue, memory loss and just worn out. ARMOUR THYROID MEDICINE has helped. I feel like my old self. I researched synthoid and the other medicines I had been taking and found out this medication has a twenty-nine billion dollar market. My Doctor fought very hard to keep me on synthroid and the other meds. Armour has been proven to be the best for over forty years with no side effects. Listen to your body and try something that has proven the test of time.

HAS ANYBODY TRIED TO HAVE THEIR DOCTOR RUN A CHEMICAL TOXICITY TEST .

Don't give up hope. I had my thyroidectomy August of 2011 and started on synthroid and I was getting now where. feeling tired, sluggish, grasping concepts was difficult and my memory was horrible. My endo could see my pain and that I was on the brink of depression she switched me to Armour thyroid, which was my savior. I started to have energy, focus improved, still not what it use to be. if I missed a dose I would pay for it mentally. But I decided I wanted to get pregnant and my Endo said Armour is not the best for pregnancy so she put me on levoxyl. which i have done well on. I really noticed a difference in my energy levels, focus, life out look when I started to address my weight gain. I started taking weekly B12 shots and an appetitate suppressant and started walking over an hour 2 - 3 x a day. I have dropped 23lbs since the third week of August. I also had to change my diet, cut back to eliminate sugar, bread, and pasta. Had to make a conscience effort to eat more fruits and veggies especially green leafy ones and started to somewhat follow the paleo diet. My energy level skyrocketted. My endo still has to watch my meds I can get towards hyper quickly. But its the difference that I noticed. I have been sick in at least 3 months. when before I was getting sick every other week.. I feel more positive about life and the future. I still get pretty overwhelmed and feeling like I don't know where to start, but that ok I just remember to breathe and acknowledge that i can only do one thing at a time and life will be ok if I don't get everything done. I still have memory loss and my focus is not what it use to be, but my energy is up and I have begun fertlity treatments and feel ready to hand those demands than previously.

Hi. I just ran across your post. I got into chemical and it wrecked my body. email me if you would like. Maybe I can help.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Thank you so much. my medication has been changed 5 times since my surgery in 2012. i am so sick of feeling just plain worn out. Im 63 and my mama is 90. she has more energy that me.

What would you like to share? I had my thyroidectomy in 2003, and the labs are starting to be inconsistent, even though I have be consistent and diligent in taking my medicine.