I am a healthy, 18 year old female. I've always been extremely regular for my periods (28 days), up until last week. I have been sexually active. But my period has been late for the past week. Yesterday I had some brown spotting and little blood. Today, no brown spotting, but I have red blood, except it's not like my "regular" period. It's much lighter. I don't have any symptoms (such as cramps, headaches or breast tenderness) that I normally have with my period. I'm not on the pill. Any ideas what is going on?

Hi honey! OK you answered a couple of my questions already so if you can answer the rest I can help you further!

1. When was your last period?
2. When did you have unprotected sex?
3. Have either yourself or your partner been tested for STD's/STI's?

Answers for you:

1. Jan. 25th
2. I haven't had full out unprotected sex, but never the less we have been careless, and pretty much everyday in Feb.
3. We're both clean

What does that mean "full out"?

He has been in me, but he never ejaculated.

Thought So! I would like you to take a pregnancy test! Take one when you first urinate in the morning! Since you had unprotected sex - and it doesn't take ejaculate to become pregnat - just 1 sperm, which we can't see of course!! This blood could be hormonal blood - increase in sex hormones! So you just need to find out IF you are pregnant 1st! Please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health honey!

Okay, thank you very much bambi27, I'll definitely let you know what happens.

Hey bambi27. So a quick update here. My partner got fed up with my symptoms after I vomited last night and took me to the doctor today. He did a test which came back negative, but we're going to take another one in a couple of days just in case and then a blood test if that one comes back negative. Thanks again!