Hello, folks. I did my Papanicolaou and I think the result is little suspicious. My gynecologist suggests me a procedure that is called cervical conisation. I would like to know whether I have cancer. Is that the reason why he suggests me this procedure? I would appreciate all honest answers. Thanks.

Hello. It doesn’t mean you have cancer. Cervical conization is performed when one has precancerous condition. Precancerous condition is a stage when you have a change that isn’t a cancer, but has a lot of chance to transform into one. It has more chances than the normal tissue. On the other hand, you should talk to your gynecologist whether this method can be replaced with certain more modern one. This procedure brings some risks. I hope everything will be all right. Let me know what you’ve decided. Good luck!