I am only 14 years old. I started my period when I was 12 and it has been kinda irregular but this time it's really weird. I've been bleeding for about a month and am not showing any signs of stopping or getting lighter. I'm too embarrassed to talk to my mom (just yet, at least) and I've never been to the gyno before. This is kinda scaring me. I've read some things that say all this is normal and it's just hormones, but other stuff says it can be diseases or something. Can anyone help me and tell me about this?

this is happening to me and im 12! its only been two weeks but i am really scared... help!!!! I dont wanna be diseased, can someone help....

Hey Ms. Don't do it till you're married. Your solution didn't help the girl. She already had sex. There are several choices from this point on if she is pregnant. They include adoption, abortion, even deciding to keep it. However, if the girl is having so much difficulty coming to the point to even tell her mother, what kind of support will be there for a pregnant teen?  Not much, and I think we can all agree having a child is a big deal. You're right, we shouldn't impose our beliefs on others and that includes you.

To the girl, I'm not sure what kind of help you are wanting. Literally, you can buy home pregnancy tests for a dollar at dollar stores these days.  Skip the soda at lunch and go buy one.  Better yet look online for a doctor and check to see what the laws are for doctors revealing information to parents of a minor. In some cases it may be that a minor girl doesn't have to tell her parents.  Just be smart and use your head eh, what you should have done in the first place.  Once you figure out what doctor to see and deal with the situation if there is anything to deal with at all, and since you do not know you should not freak out, -yet.-  By all means start using condoms if you are going to be sexually active and look into getting on birth control.  Though I do not recommend Depo Provera.  Seem that lots of women if the above topic is true have problems with it. I myself have been off the shot for several years now and still experience long, heavy and annoying periods.  At any rate, if you are going to do adult things, you should think like an adult. Be responsible and take care of your body.

Hi, so i am unable to take birth control because they give me bad headaches and i have endometriosis. i was prescribed with progesterone ijanuary two tablets a day 3weeks ago i switched to 1 and now i am going on day 12 of my period i only bleed tho when i pee, and it is heavy bleeding. I went to emerg for lower pain in my back and they say i have a kidney infection. i am taking antibiotics  for this (i dont know if it is related)
i am scared tho.. i dont know whats going on and i dont know if the progesterone has anything to do with it

hi, i have thyroid problem and i am also having my period 2 times a month and its not going on for the 16 days tired go to dr went to diff dr and nothing helping they put me on the pills i did it and stop and now again the period gone back , i am just fed up and dont know what else to do anymore.

Quote:

anonymous wrote:

No, this doesn't help. People will have sex. That's just the way it is. And teenagers will have sex more than anyone else... 'Abstinence' is c**p. Unrealistic. USE CONDOMS.... As for unwanted pregnancy, UN-Wanted pregnancy means 'not wanting to be pregnant', i.e., not wanting to carry a fetus to term. So forget the 'adoption' route. Think abortion... As for the 'psychological effects', a load of c**p, again. It can be a lot more devastating giving birth and giving the baby up. And that devastation can last a lifetime. Ask any woman who ever gave up a baby, how many times did she think 'what if'. Then ask any woman who ever had an abortion the same question. Hardly any what ifs there...

Honestly, you are leading people astray. How would you feel if your mother said, "well, I was going to abort you, because frankly you were an inconvenience to MY life. But, I decided not to. You should be grateful!"

THAT is bullcrap. If you can't handle the risks, don't do it. The only way you know you won't ever catch am STD or get pregnant is to not do it. Point blank. "People" won't have sex, you will. Don't impose your standards for how everyone will do things in such a bleek light. There are plenty of people who can, will, and have waited until they were either married or with someone they completely trusted to have sex. Telling a 15-year-old otherwise is ignorant to idiotic.

How many people do you know that have drama because they DIDN'T wait?

the other guy is mostly right though. you're just a prude mother who needs to experience the real world. obviously you don't know how frightened young teens may become when it comes to pregnancy to the point where abortion would be the best option. yes, everyone had their own opinion but you're making it seem like abstinence til marriage and adoption are the only right choices. well WAKE UP because some people actually make choices on their own and they all have the right to make THEIR OWN CHOICES and the right choice is in the eye of the chooser. people can have sex anytime they choose to and it's none of your business to go around telling people they shouldn't. an it's THEIR choice to abort or not so don't tell people that giving birth is their only option.

Hello people. I´ve got a little problem, you see I´ve always have had unregular periods but no big deal. The thing is I came to the USA for eye surgery and ever since Im here Ive been getting my period once every two weeks for like a week. Now its been two weeks that Ive had my period and it wont go away. I know you probably think its medication but no pills! No medication yet! So if anyone has a clue please let me know. 

me too having this problem..worry sick. since 3 month already my period starting and end within 13days. Like i start my period on 3 rd and will only really clean on 15th of each month. I have 2 kids already. my youngest is aready 8 years old. I try hard since last year still cannot be able to conceive. I wish to have more child and now my age is aready 38...please help me ?

Hi Ladies I have had a similar issue. I have been having long periods-but the bleeding is very light- like a brown and very small amounts...it can last anywhere from 7-14 days. It may stop for a day or two and then I will have some more brown discharge. This time I started having bright red blood though and its more of a normal flow but I have had the constant issue of having something going on for the entire month of April already. I just had a pelvic exam in March and it was normal. I let my MD know my periods are irregular but I have ALWAYS had irregularities. been told its horomones and they put me on a pill and induce my period then I am fine for a few months then irregular again. In the past they have done vaginal and abdominal ultrasounds and those have been negative as well.I just don't know if it's time to think about doing a D&C to clear out my uterus and see if it helps with the irregular bleeding or what.

hi everyone, 

I have been having long periods for a few months now, my periods last a lot longer than 5 days. sometimes its like a browney colour but they still seem no lighter. after two weeks they stop and then within a week they seem to start again has anybody got any answers to this please let me know 

my email address is :

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

If ur worried then you should probably talk to a doctor if ur worried most periods last 3-5 days or 7-10 days it depends on the person

I'm 14 and during my summer exams I skipped my period about two times, but after re- starting my period again it hasn't stopped, it's been around for almost two weeks now and I'm getting really worried, I've also been getting loads of blood clots but i haven't had any cramps. I'm a virgin and everything and I don't take any painkillers or drugs, but I really worried.. can anybody help me ??

You did not mention your age. If you are 35+ this could simply be the first and most common symptom of perimenopause. NO, that doesn't mean you are going to be menopausal and stop your period at age 36. Lots of women don't realize that perimenopause is like a 'reverse puberty' that can be a long process - anywhere from 3 years (if you are lucky) to 15 years (if you are sensitive and aware of subtle changes). As the ovaries wind down, first they make less progesterone. This can cause long/heavy periods. Much closer to menopause, you make less estrogen which will cause the classic hot flashes and skipped menses.

My periods have been for over 7 days now. Its lasted for 2 weeks and up to 30 days in the past. Has anyone had this problem? 

Hi i been on the depo shot for like a year now and im not due for my next one yet but i started my peroid and been on it for Weeks but i haven't had one since I've been on the shot til now. Do anybody knw why and how to stop it???? N i cant go to the doctor i dnt have insurance anymore