I have always had periods that last at most 4 days but lately they have been longer. Last month it was a week and this month I have been on for 10 days and counting. I have an appointment next week with my doctor and I'm going to talk to her about it then but I'm just wondering if anyone would know what would cause this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

hi there i have the same problem as well ... but the only thing that is different is that i get irregular periods which means sometimes i go every month and sometimes it skips ... last month and month b4 i skipped it, and now thats why i think i have my period longer now ... let me know what happens at the doctor ???

I have the same problem. Last month I didn't get my period and this month it was heavy! I'm not sexual active or do drugs, so the only thing that has changed is stress and maybe some weight gain.

I'm nervous that it might be cancer, but its only from what I read online.
I'm scared to go the doctor, but my mom is a nurse and she tells me its just my period and sometimes can be heavy.

To the first reply, what happened with the doctor?

I have also had this problem and I'm scared on what my doctor says, a couple people have told me it could have been because of stress, but mine is going on way to long .... and i'm just as scared and anyone

i am dealing with a similar problem...i am on week three and counting. i have been on my period all month after only 3 or so weeks off...the last period was the same. except i had a consistant flow for 12 days straight. i was getting tired and more stressed out over it.
now i feel like its just never going to stop. i am accompanied with cramps this time around in painful bursts that momentarily cripple me while working. its making my back hurt more than normal and i have been taking constant stream birth control since november. i am only 22 years old and am very worried...can anyone give me ideas before i make an appointment? ?

i've always had from 4-6 day periods and this moth.is 15 and still going. i've always been a healthy person, but i'm scared. I just want to know if it's normal for an almost 30yr old?

my in still going on too. now 9 days and never had that to happen before. what is going on. Guess I need to make an appointment with a doctor

This is IDENTICAL to my case...I'm 22 and just started a new birth control the Sunday after this current period started. I was warned there might be spotting during the first couple ofmonths, but this has been a steady stream going on 12 days now. I'm thinking it has something to do with the birth control pumping added hormones into my system, but at the same time I cannot continue to slowly bleed because stress is already high with work, school (FINALS!), and money, so being stressed over my health is not helping. And if it IS all caused by stress in the first place then I will just die laughing at the irony! I'm hoping it ends in a couple of days (Pay day is tomorrow, school is out, and I have a vacation in a week) when I am less stressed. If, however, it does not...well then we know the stress theory is out. I'm leaning heavily towards the hormones theory, but 12 days is still excessive!