I was once diagnosed with this in a hospital, but I was young and didn't ask a lot of questions. I can't find much about it, but it feels like I'm a child and an adult at the same time, the most extreme when dealing with sexual matters, where part of me feels normal and something else inside of me is screaming because it feels molested and, well, like a child would when faced with those situations. It's beginning to really effect my life and I don't know what to do... anyone, help, advice or information?

It sounds to me like you might have something known as DID, or dissociative identity disorder. It means you feel one way or another depending on the time or the area. It's also known as regression in Freudian theory. Hav eoyu seen a therapist or a psychologist about it? I would absolutely recommend talking to one about it, okay? What do you think?

Hi there, Im a psych major so hopefully i can help. i would definetly recommend seeking out some sort of professional help with this. But typically people with DID do not realise that they have more then one personality, and do not hav any memory of events when they have switched to their alternate personality ( when you are "person a" you do not remember what happend when you were "person b" etc). So the fact that you say that you sometimes feel like a child and an adult at the same time suggests otherwise. I would say that this is prob more of a PTSD type of disorder. Was their anytype of abuse you endured in your childhood? because this could be playing a large part of all of this especially when you say that there is a sort of 'molested' feeling.

ap05, I hadn't even considered the possibility of PTSD but that makes a lot of sense. To the orginial poster, do you have an update for us? I'd like to hear how you're doing if you can please let us know! Thanks and keep us posted, okay?