hey
what is split personality??...i need its exact definition...And is there any difference between split personality disorder, dissociative personality disorder and multiple personality disorder??

I'm not sure if you are asking this for a research paper or if it is for personal knowledge. I think the word 'split personality' has been misused because of the attention that one of the Dissociative Disorders has received on television. If you are wondering about the disorder where (for example) one person has five different names/identities and the different people inside one mind do not know each other --- then yes, it is called Dissociative Identity Disorder.

This is an open ended question that could expand into a novel here. So I will just answer it directly as you have it written. I am not in the psychology field at all and can't answer this professionally... this is strictly from my amateur knowledge in case you were wanting the basics. It's odd that I run into this question here and now. Just a few weeks ago I was in a trauma group where we went into a deep and involved discussion of dissociative disorders so it's still fresh in my mind from that session.

Split Personality is not multiple personalities or dissociative disorder. Split personality is an entirely different disorder not related to the other two... it refers to schizophrenia which is by definition (as I know it) --- a separation (or split) between thoughts and feeling.

Dissociative Personality Disorder refers to one of four dissociative disorders --- depersonalization, dissociative fugue, dissociative amnesia, or dissociative identity. Those are four different dissociative disorders with four different and unique symptoms. (and four diff. paragraphs lol).

Multiple Personality Disorder is the former name of what is known as Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) today. In the early 1990's the name "Multiple Personality Disorder" was formally changed to Dissociative Identity Disorder. They changed the name because they wanted it to reflect a better understanding of the disorder. Multiple personalities that seem to be a hallmark of this disorder isn't a growing (or addition) of separate identities the way that we see it on television. It is actually a shattering of someone's identity (I assume by too much trauma as easiest explanation) and the shatter or splinter of identity is the hallmark of the disorder which is demonstrated when a person has been unsuccessful in keeping their self awareness in tact.... this is when they take on other altered states (i.e. different personalities/people).

~~~
I hope this helps to answer your question. Not sure if this is what you were looking for.... I will reply again later if I think of more or if this is not what you were seeking.

i cant explain exactly what it is, but i can tell u from a split personality lifestyle. its like a switch, at one point im a father, boyfriend, hard worker, manager of a store.
the other craves for being alone and letting out the tension that is being held in. i live inside my mind.
when im one personality, the other is what i hear inside my head, when im the other, then the other personality is what i hear inside.
i dont kno about others, but i only have 2 personalities. from what i understand, u can go up to 5 or 6 different personalties but they all are aware of each others situations. well atleast its like that with my 2.

when im out in public, both personalities conversate. strangely as it sounds, im sure it has alot to do with perception, since i can see 2 of everything, one personality sees, as does the other, then in my mind i make the perception of whatever it is im doing, or looking at or whatever it is.
hopefully that kinda helps u out.