I just got Monistat 3 today..and I wanted to know if it would get rid of the little less than mild itching down there..
and I also found white clumpy stuff..not the normal discharge..i've looked online and it says if you have that other than the normal discharge then you have yeast infection..
this is my first time having it..I asked the pharmacist and she said I should use Monistat..she also said if I use the pill then the infection can come back right away.
should I consult my doctor first before doing anything? and how do you know if you have bacterial infection or yeast infection? I heard the difference is 'cause of the smell..but do you still get that white cottage cheese stuff down there if you have bacterial infection?

Also..sometimes I have this smell..it doesn't smell extremely fishy or anything, but it goes away after my shower..is this normal? And yes, I shower daily. I'm really hoping the smell is caused by the infection..I don't use any products either...just normal water and soap..but lately I've been only using water.

Any advice/help will be appreciated :-)

I have heard that plain - unsweetened yogurt helps. ( i know someone that uses it) It soothes the irritated area and would probably help with the smell as well.

Do you mean it helps just by eating plain yogurt? Sorry if that's a stupid question lol

Sorry, not a stupid question at all!! Use it like a cream down there to sooth the itching :-)

ohh, ok thanks :-D