I heard a lot of people talking about acne treatment lotions that somehow mess up your face. Is it true?

yes, it is true. i used acne creams for over 2 years, and eve though they would less the actual pimple, the mark would remain. This August, i stopped putting on creams and took oral pills ( ayurvedic all natural acne pills), and within 6-8 weeks, my blemishes had lessened and my breakout were very rare. Even when i got the pimple or two, it would disappear 3 times as fast as with acne creams. I would recomend natural acne pills, maybe the 7 Day Detox could work ( I didnt use that). Also, drink 15 glasses of water a day, and avoid red meat like Beef and Pork. Stick to chicken and fish. After your acne has disappared, there are many ways to get rid of blemishses, including laser, chemical peels, and lotions.
good luck !