For the past 5 years I've been trying various pimple treatments..NONE WORK!!!..Even tried Proactive..Nothing!

Hello, i understand the struggle of finding something that works.. esp me i've tried everything including proactive.. Accutane is your fastest way to get rid of acne.. but it is kinda dangerous for women and it can be very expensive if you dont have insurance. I had acne pretty bad about 2 years ago and i've been using retinA micro in the morning and Duac topical gel at night since then.. and i haven't had any pimples since then (maybe one or two) it def. works but you have to be PATIENT and use the creams everyday consistantly. Good luck i know its frustrating but give it time~

I find hydracortisone cream helps dry a spot up quite quickly. By the way, POP THEM POP THEM POP THEM! Pop them and CLEAN them. Leaving them alone is gross and takes ages. Not cleaning will mean a good chance at more spots because puss contains dirt, dead bacteria and LIVING bacteria.

I have honestly tried all OTC acne meds from the cheapest to the most expensive...even trired proactive but it only works for the first three months and the it just stops...what I found very helpful in getting them clear and keeping it clear is the new CLEAN & CLEAR ADVANTAGE ACNE CONTROL KIT you can buy this at Walmart for like $18.00 but it's worth every dollar....then theres this mexican product called BABA DE CARACOL and I've been using the soap and the cream and it has kept my skin clear and no breakouts at all...the soap is about $6.00 and the cream is $15.00 I don't use the Clean and Clear anymore because this other product helps with wrinkles, spots and acne...HOPE THE SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME WORKS FOR U...GOOD LUCK...

i have tried a lot of these treatments but what worked for me is a herbal remedy...it is the aloe plant you peel it and rub it on your skin at nite...good luck

I used to have horrible acne as a teenager and my Mom had suggested plain Crest toothpaste.. The actual paste, nothing fancy.. Just dab it on the problem area and leave it on over night. It dries out the oils on the pimple, and works wonders.. I'm now 22 and I still do it with problem pimples.

I used to (and still occasionally do) have terrible breakouts.
In fact, it was so terribly when I was a young teen, that my mom had me put on antibiotics...I'm still not quite sure how they were supposed to work, but they didn't.
If you are really bothered by them, I'd recommend seeing a dermatologist.
Otherwise, I use mostly Biore Ice Wash (for acne prone skin) and then Biore moisturizer. Also I used pore strips once and a while on my nose, forehead and chin. Basically the T-zone. (I have combination -oily and flaky- skin, so it's ridiculous keeping it moisturized but not clogged)
Weirder remedies include putting toothpaste on the trouble spots (I like the Aquafresh ExtremeClean PowerWhite) as trinasaki suggested.
Also effective are;orange peels, potatoes and onions, because like they do with bee and wasp stings, they 'draw out' the toxins.
And of course, the usual, keep your skin exfoliated, wash it in the morning and in the night (too often will dry it out), drink lots of water and stay away from super sugary, greasy or salty foods. Lots of booze'll make you break out as well. Change your pillowcases often.
Oh, and in the process of a month your body grows an entirely fresh layer of skin (like a snake except with gradual shedding!) this'll cause dead skin cells to clog up pores like mad, so every two weeks or so give yourself a go-over with a loofah or scrub-brush to get the excess skin off of your body and always remember to exfoliate your face (using a much gentler method).

hi my name is dustin i have the worst acne problem ever i got it all over my face i wash my face everyday for about a year now and it has gottin worst ever cream i put on my face does not work everything i touch my face it bleeds and i hate it so much i need to know what is the best thing to do because washing my face and using cream is not helping please i need help fast

Ahh. I have the same problem as you. I don't get acne everywhere, but only in the T zone and my chin. I've never gotten any on my cheeks. Anyways, I've been debating between SkinID and Proactiv. I want to try Proactiv, but a lot of people said it makes your skin dry. And SkinID automatically sends you a new package every month, and charges you. I don't really want to go through that. I wash my face and use some pore cleaners. Tea tree oil & toothpaste are good for pimples, too. :-)

1. change your pillow cases and bed sheets watever
2. sleep with a head band on
3. Dont consume too much oily food, salty food, like peanuts or even really sweet stuff
4. dont put too many different chemicals on your face. i think you should try natural solutions like tee tree oil
5. moisturise, but dont over moisturise
6. mineral makeup (if you wear it)
7. if you always touch your face DONT> or cut ur nails short
8. Its true, drink heaps of water
9. Get sleep
10. dont stress/exercise

OK, some of you might find this interesting. I've had bad acne on my chest and back, and I've found a way to control it for years now. I don't see why this wouldn't work for other types of acne too. This is how I did it.

Firstly, know thy enemy. Acne is caused by over-active oil glands in the pores of your skin. This is typically caused by a hormonal imbalance, often brought about by stress. When the oil gland becomes blocked by dead skin cells, dry sweat, or other gritty substances, the oil can't reach the surface of your skin and instead begins to clog up your pores. This then creates a favourable environment for bacterial growth. So as you can see, acne is a multidimensional problem. To tackle it, you need to adopt a multi-dimensional solution.

1. The first step in removing acne is to stop the spread of bacteria in your skin pores. Although they are not the original source of the problem, it is the bacteria which causes the inflammation in the skin. Go to your doctor and get him write you out a prescription for Doxycycline, a man made antibiotic which will temporarily stop the bacteria in your skin from multiplying. This is a vital step to stopping the onslaught. Take it at night with dinner for the first 2 to 4 months. Combined with the steps listed below, most of your acne should be gone by this stage.

2. You have to make sure that you keep the surface of your skin clean to prevent any unnecessary blockage of your skin pores. In the shower, always wash the affected area preferably twice a day with an acne friendly solution (basically anything oil free). I use the standard Clearasil body wash.

3. You must deep clean your pores once a day. For this you need some kind of alcoholic based solution. The ProActiv 'Revitalising Toner' solution is BRILLIANT. You can often buy this individually off ebay, or from ProActiv stores. Pour some of this solution onto a cotton pad and wipe the affected area with it at least once a day, after a shower. Even after a scrubbing in the shower, this will still remove oil, dead skin cells, and fat residue from your skin pores (and you can see it coming off on the pad).

4. Buy a benzyl-peroxide cream (10%) to apply to your active pimples. This will dry them out quicker and minimise the scarring.

5. If you have body acne (chest or back), lie in the sun for 5-10 minutes every day. People are so worried about skin cancer these days their skin barely ever sees the sun. I think this is a big issue. Pick a time of day when the sun is not at its strongest, and give it a dose of the suns rays. It will help to kill bacteria on the surface of the skin and promote rejuvenation of the skin cells. Obviously, you need to tailor this one to your skin type, if you have extremely fair skin you may want to keep it down to 5 minutes a day. Also, if you live on the coast, try and go for a swim as often as you can. The salt water helps to dry out your skin and keep oil levels down.

6. Once you've adopted these strategies for a month or two, you should be seeing fewer and fewer breakouts. Get yourself a shower brush, apply an acne friendly solution to it in the shower, and scrub the problem areas repeatedly. Even if the skin goes a bit red, you will be helping the skin to ex-foliate. Don't scrub active pimples, you will make them worse. Only scrub the area when the pimple disappears.

The trick to this is to be consistent. It must be a lifestyle change. Don't miss taking your tablets, and always have a ritual during the shower and after it.

the number one thing that you that you NEVER EVER want to do it pop them...you may think that popping them is your best choice but really your just makeing them worse. popping them actually just pushes bacteria into the cut you made by poping them. alsoyou may not see it now but if your yough and pop later...over the years you will start to notice some scaring of the tissue... im 13 and ahve a little scaring that can be coverd by make-up...but if you keep it up... you will start forming crators at the kinalso that just as worse than scaring. alot of acne treatment that you may have already started useng get use to your skin and then you catch yourselfbuying new acne treatments again. the thing that i recremend is just regular white tooth-paste(WITHOUT BLEACH). you just apply it over your pimple,zit, or blackhead over the night and when you wake up just wipe it off. the tooth paste actually dries up the oils and makes it decrease...now being honest it may not make the pimple disapper the first day but it will decrease the size ....you may see some drynessinsome parts of your face but that can be easily taken care of byanydry skin lotion (MAKE SUR THAT IT IS FOR THE FACE!!!)
hope this helps :D

ahhhh !!!!!

Same prob like me !!!!!!!!!

but i have not found any solution so far.
if u have proper solution then pls inform me...... :'(

I think proper hygiene is the answer

If your age is till 25 then it is normal otherwise consult a good dermatologist.Only he can help you in curing pimples.