Am I the only one who is near 40 years old and looks like a geek with all those acne on my face? Because I really have this feeling that I am the teen guy who is a geek, etc.  I keep watching guys who are nearly my age to see is there any of them who are having acne issue, but I just don't see anyone. Maybe it is just me? Is it possible? I mean, how common is adult acne and how can you treat it? Maybe some cream that will help me or something else? Laser maybe?

Even if you maybe don't believe, adult acne is a very common problem nowadays. 

Maybe it is unfair, but there are so many reasons for this. And if you are having problems with it, you are not the only one who is facing it. But when you look at a bigger picture, you will realize that so many things that we are facing can cause it. For example, stress or changes in your hormone levels, like menopause, using pills or stopping with birth control pills...as you can see, there are so many possibilities. But also, some medications, including lithium, and also corticosteroids, can cause acne. Check your beauty products. 

Celebrity

In the most of the cases, that acne is our fault. Why? Because we are using brushes for the make up, for the powder without cleaning them. Well, those are always dirty. When you are trying to take off your makeup, you should find a good cleanser which will let other skin products reach your skin and work better. In order to do that, you should choose gentle cleaners that won’t strip your skin and that will offer a good treatment. Also, girls are making a huge mistake - when they are dealing with acne, they put more powder on it. Your skin can't breathe under so many powders and a new one will appear. 

I don't know a lot of people who are dealing with this problem, to be honest. Thank God that I don't have because I don't know how I would act, how I would deal with it. But I am using so many products in order to prevent it. Anyway, I have heard that some cosmetic products that are including salicylic acid are good because they can help you fight your acne. In general, taking care of your skin and using some care products that say on the label that they are noncomedogenic or non-acnegenic is also my recommendation. You can find it in pharmacy stores and they are pretty good, so you can try.

Yes, sure. Acne is common in the adults. More common that we can imagine.

There are many treatments that can help you. We are talking about the creams and some other therapies. I know that they are expensive, but light therapy, or PDT, uses lasers can help you treat acne. Of course, you also need to know that some people say it hurts, that is really painful. Did you ever hear about vacuum therapy? Well, it also works with lights and according to some people experiences, it works really good. But of course, as I said, both of these options can be expensive. And, it takes a time...

Hey there. I also want to know something about this. I never had problems with it, acne usually appears when I am about to get my period, and I was thinking that this is the end of the world. And then, I started to deal with real acne issue. and now I really don't know what to do and how to get rid of it. Anyway, I don't have money to pay some of those surgeries, some later things, etc. I have a little money to buy some creams, but I don't have money to buy some expensive treatments. So, I was wondering if there anything that I can make at home, something that can help me to deal with it.

Celebrity

Some home remedies are good, you can wash your face with baking soda, for example, there is nothing wrong with it. But I am not sure that any of those things can help you if you really have problems with acne. Unfortunately, it takes a time, but it takes a money as well to get rid of it. If you have some hormone issues than you really need to go to the doctor and dermatologist. That all can cause problems with acne. I don't think that you can't do many things at your home. I am sorry because I need to tell you this. 

Hello. Adult acne treatment can require a lot of time. But I think that for some treatments you really don't need a whole fortune. There are some simple treatments that you can find helpful. I would suggest you one thing -  don’t pop pimples. You should know that your dermatologist can likely treat the problem in their office and you don't have o pay a lot of money. I had problems with this, and after years of struggling with different treatments, I can say that finally now I am having my acne problems under control. And I didn't gave a whole fortune at this, but you need to be patient.  

Celebrity

I agree with it. If treatments are more expensive, the results will be quicker. If treatments are not that expensive, if they are "ordinary", then it takes a time, but they are effective.Also, I found an information that around 80% of adult acne cases affect women. You should ask your dermatologist for a prescription for some cream that contains retinoids. I am sure that if you combine creams that combine the cleansing agent benzoyl peroxide and antibiotics such as clindamycin and some healthy foods, you will have to see some progress, trust me. Also, some oral antibiotics can help you. Good luck, I hope that you will deal with this problem soon! 

These tips helped me to reduce the number of acne:

1. Never, ever touch your face.  2. Use 3 face cloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off, with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice.  3. Take vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.  4. Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

If it doesn't help, I recommend considering Ngraft as an option. It is stem cell skin treatment. 

In adult age, acne is very common. There are many reasons behind it. Due to hormonal change acne is very common in this age.Other factors pollution, your lifestyle, diet also cause of acne. To avoid acne eat healthy food (fruits, vegetables) in a proper manner. Try to drink lots of water. Protect your face from sun, dust, and pollution. You can use home remedies to avoid them.