Hey guys, so I have problems with acne for a long time, ever since I was a teen. I was able to soothe them, sure they still were visible, but not that much. But the problem is, as I am getting older, I have a feeling that they are more "active" and that they are all over my face. Anyway, I did some research and I see that I might deal with acne vulgaris.  But, of course, I want to be sure about this. What are signs and symptoms of acne vulgaris and how can you treat it? Thank you! 

hi. so many symptoms that can indicate that you are dealing with this issue. for example, blackheads, whiteheads, redness or inflammation around your eruptions, cysts, pustules, puss, infections. adult acne treatment should be founded because if you don't treat this, you can make more damage. usually, those symptoms or sings you will get to know easily - if you are dealing with the pain. so, if your face hurts for some reason, that is the sign. you can treat it with many medical creams, medical treatments and if you have money, you can consider in treating them with the laser. 

Celebrity

Like many of us, you are dealing with some things, such as oil production, clogged pores, bacteria, dead skin cells, etc. Those all are the things that can cause acne in your case. Acne vulgaris can have several symptoms. For example, if you have mild or moderate acne, you may have greasy skin and spots and those spots usually are a blackheads. They appear on your face, back, chest and shoulders. If you are dealing with red or yellow spots, that is a sign that you have problems with inflation. Also, those spots that have become inflamed can be really painful. They are also very sensitive when you are touching them or when they are in the contact with warm water. 

I think that oral antibiotics can help you as well. So, it goes like this, if you have moderate or severe acne, for sure that your dermatologist may prescribe an antibiotic for you. Usually, he will prescribe some antibiotics such as oxytetracycline, erythromycin or doxycycline. They are equally good and they work. Also, your doctor should advise you how many times a day you need to take your medicine and for how long, because that is really important. Most people who try this treatment find their acne gets much better within six months. That is some optimal time. Also, with those medications, you can use some creams and lotions as well. 

hi. from my own experience I can say that sometimes it is really hard to get rid of the acne. you can get them for so many different things. in my case, I believe that hormonal imbalance and stress caused it. so, I have tried so many things, medications, peelings, treatments, creams, but nothing. then, my doctor told me about some of the new treatments that involve therapy with light or lasers are being developed. sure, it is a little bit expensive, but I was really desperate so I have decided to try it. Generally, when we are talking about light therapy, you should know that this type of treatment isn't usually offered as a treatment for acne because doctors aren't sure how well it works yet. to be honest, I want to try it, I got the money, but I am not sure. I mean, if they didn't do all those experiments that they have should, I am scared to experiment with my face without any results. so, did anyone tried this?

Celebrity

Hey there son, to be totally honest with you, I have never heard of this type of therapy. I don't even know how this light therapy might work in the first place. So, maybe you should definitely wait until you see did someone did this therapy and what they are saying about this. How effective can this be in the first place?  I know that a lot of people are avoiding contraceptive pills for so many reasons, but you should be aware that they can't damage you at all. Of course, you should avoid them if you want to have a baby in those three months - that is a time for how long doctors prescribe it, but in any other case, they are safe for use. 

Generally, people are making a mistake at one thing. They believe that, as soon as they start with the treatment, your acne will go away and you will be able to see your first results within a couple of weeks. That is not quite correct and you should know that. You have to have a patience. I know what I am saying because I have this problem as well and it is killing me. I have tried so many treatments and now, almost seven months after I started using some pills and creams, I can say that I see some progress. I know that a lot of people just give up on some treatment if they don't see some results soon. Well, this is really complicated thing and you can't see results that soon!

I would like to tell you one more thing and give you one tip about this whole thing. Avoid the sunlight if you already have a problematic face. Sure, I know that a lot of people may tell that there’s no proof that sunbathing or UV light help acne, but on the other hand, it is very important that to know that damage from the sun can increase your chance of getting skin cancer. So, if the sun can do this to you and your face, I really don't understand why do you can think that UV light can help you in treating acne. So, if I were you, I would avoid it. 

Celebrity

I agree with this one with you Hannah. About sun and all those things. I avoid sun even if I don't have problematic skin. Well, at least, not a lot. I my own opinion, I think that you should never allow your skin to burn in the sun. like we all do. I know that this golden skin is beautiful, but anyway, you should always use sunscreen. If you have acne, I don't think that you should expose yourself totally to the sun. I also don't believe that this can help you. Ask your dermatologist what is his opinion. I am sure that he will tell you a couple of facts that you need to know.