Everytime i've gotten drunk i've hyperventilated and raged.
I have no idea what causes this but I want it to stop!

When I drink, everything seems "normal" (or as normal as can be when drinking). I tend to mix my drinks though, so don't know if this is contributing to hyperventilation or not. I can have a few glasses of wine and be fine. Then I start on lets say, my 5th glass and I seem to get drunk "all of a sudden" with no "tipsy period" (this has been noticed by others, not just self-observation). Then a few minutes later I will start to hyperventilate for no apparent reason!...this can continue for up to 15 minutes and usually near the end of the 15 minutes I start to go into this uncontrolable violent rage with what appears to be "superhuman strength" (I am a light framed female and when in a drunken "Rage" I once escaped from being held down by two strong adult males - they were trying to stop me from hurting myself or others). I will tend to scream for no apparent reason also...just scream and scream and scream. Apparently I roll my eyes to the back of my head, and I can't even do that while awake, so i'm not doing it conciously!
My neighbours thought that I was possesed by demons (they are strictly religious) when in a hyperventilation/rage fit. My friend isn't religious but she said that it reminded her of possesed people in those type of horror movies...and that she'd never seen such a reaction from alcohol before. I'm not a violent person normally and didn't drink when I was depressed or agitated.

I don't drink often...probably only once per month (and not always to a drunken state). Although I haven't drunk alcohol for over 6 months because this hyperventilation/rage thing is worrying.
Anyway, I've looked all over the internet trying to find an explanation for this but have came up with nothing. I know all people
What could this be? Is it just a bad reaction to alcohol or something else?

I also hyperventilate when I drink alcohol. Sometimes with only one drink. I have never found an anwer to what it is. I know I don't like it. Doesn't last more than 15 minutes, but I worry if it could be dangerous. Would love to hear from anyone with some knowledge on this. Thanks.

interesting. my theory on this is simply the nature of alcohol. its a depressant..... slows your body down.... when i drink, i usually just sit around a campfire or watch a movie..... if ur dancing youll be breathing heavier and take in more oxygen thn your body needs because of a slurred state.... the screaming? when ur drunk and reeeaallllly light headed from hyperventalation, theres no way u could know what u were doing.

I'm warning you right now you have a MAY physical allergy to alcohol that has 80% of developing into full blow alcoholism if you are not careful. Be honest, is there alcoholism in your family? You also some some c**p inside of you that apparently needs to be talked out through therapy (the rage).

Alcoholism is a disease (genetic)- an allergy, it's nothing to be ashamed of. If you couldn't eat peanuts, would you force yourself to eat them??? Also meaning, I am not a teetotaler who just wants no one to drink. "Normies" very much exist and I find them ADORABLE when they accidentally have too much. You don't sound adorable when intoxicated :-(

You seem younger so you're probably not going to listen to me but I suggest you be careful. I'm 100% confident that if you don't listen to me, you will be sitting in jail, rehab AND/or divorce court someday remembering this post. Be well my friend I hope nothing but the best for you!

It could be an allergic reaction. You likely lack one of the enzymes necessary to process alcohol. The hyperventilating usually has to do with a build up of toxic metabolites...it's your body's way of compensating. Read up on metabolic acidosis.

I am looking for answers too. I'm at the point of giving up drinking after what happened to myself a night ago.
My partner and myself had a night out without children, there was a band on doing a Rolling Stones show, so I had a fair bit to drink, 2 bottles of sav and a vodka. So that is heaps I would have to admit and not usually how much I usually drink and It ruined the night because I didn't get to be intermet with my man instead he had to stay up looking after myself who was vomiting and having fits of hyperventilation.
I clearly remember him saying that he is going to call an ambulance and asking me to breath.
He said I blacked out 4 times, with my eyes rolling back and not much sign of life, my body was having fits because I had no oxygen. The scary thing is I knew some of what I was doing but had no control of what it was doing to myself, it was as if I was controlled by something else.
I hope that there is answers and wonder if this is how people die from drinking alcohol.
My answer to myself is to cut back and keep it to one bottle only.

You don't have to be afraid...happened to me before.and it's usually only certain drinks that make me do this.nothing to be ashamed of,but i guess though that it might be dangerous when it doesn't stop....