As most of the posters on the forum know I went through some bad withdrawals over the past few weeks and finally managed to get over then and keep away from alcohol. Well, yesterday I had a few drinks, which led to another few and by the time I knew anything I was very drunk and very angry towards my family. I slapped my Father across the face and smashed up the house (Including the flowers I bought my Mother for her birthday last week) in a rage that I just suddenly flew into.

I haven't been drinking today because I am too ashamed to leave my bedroom because of the damage I have done. I feel terrible and heard my parents talking about throwing me out of the house earlier. The shame and the guilt and the fear are really getting to me at this stage and I want to either drink myself into oblivion or self hard. I feel so alone and desolate today.

What will I do?

Quit drinking man, just stop. This is a sad story with a long painful ending, dont go there. Quit.

Have you tried AA meetings? I'm sober 89 days today and have been in your shoes. I'm a blackout drinker and have put my husband through the ringer when at my low points. I've punched him, put holes in the walls, broke things, spit at him, said god knows what, and even tried to kill myself numerous times during my blackouts. Your best bet is do NOT pick up that 1st drink. Live 24hours at a time or a minute at a time if 24hours is too much. "I'm not going to drink today" or "I'm not going to drink in the next five minutes." is all you have to tell yourself. Alcoholism is a diease, it is a fatal progression we should not take lightly. Again attempt a meeting in your area. They helped me and bought much to light. Keep an open mind when you attend. As they say bring the body and the mind will follow, sooner or later. I wish you the best, remember you are not alone. Many of us deal with Alcoholism, its a cunning, baffling illness. Easy does it and take it one day at a time.