my husband has come home once again to drunk to comprehend what is going on. yet i continue to take care of him, he knows that i will always forgive him so he continues to drink. he came home tonight puking and with a bloody nose (i dont know what that means at all). he spends all our spare money on beer and leaves me sitting home every night months pregnant. i keep threatning to leave but it doesnt seem to do any good, he doesnt want to stop and he doesnt understand what it does to me. can anyone help i cant go on like this anymore.
signed fed-up

This sounds like me 12 years ago now i have 3 children instead of being pregnant and my husband still is a drunk. Instead of being young and starting out poor were broke still from the drinking, now my kids are older I'm starting to see the signs of of what growing up with an alcoholic is doing to them. He no longers leaves the house to drink and instead of puking its turned into pissing himself and not remembering anything....most alcoholics are verbally abusive if not more and I pray that you never meet up with him when he's blacked out from drinking too much and you say the wrong thing. Best advice I have for you is to take yourself and that baby and move on until he is sober and staying that way. I wasted many years of my life believing that he would outgrow it or telling myself we been having a rough time and drinking was his way coping, alcoholics don't quit until they want to not because we want them too.