I am currently on 4mgs of suboxone for about a week. I went out on saturday and drank A LOT. i ended up drinking about a 5th of Rum but i was not able to get drunk. I didnt have that bad of a hangover but i used to be able to get drunk off half a fifth. im not a heavy drinker, this is the first time i have drank in 2 months. Has anyone else experienced this? i talked to my pharm and he didnt have any info for me. goin to see the doc next week maybe he will know...

That is because alcohol is an opiate of sorts. The part of suboxone that blocks u from getting a buzz on a pill works in a similiar way with alcohol. I know that I had to drink much more than I usually did to get a buzz while on sub. And I add this-- alcohol was the only thing that allowed me to get through sub with/d. Horrible, I know. But think about it. They are both an opiate. Believe me, I have been through sub w/d before. I am not promoting drinking; I'm just telling u my experience. Have been to three rehabs to kick sub., couldn't handle the w/d.