My name is Lyn, i am 17 years old. Cancer runs in my family from my dad having an enlarged tumor that killed him recently to my nephew having lukiemia. I just recenly found out i too have cancer, Esophageal cancer to be exact, I'm feeling weaker day by day and my numbers are shortening. The doctor says i'll be fine, he smiles at me then closes the curtain, as i hear my mom cry harder than ever. I was allowed to go home after 2 weeks of painful therepy. The medicine isnt helping like it was in the beginning... I never thought this would happen to me, you know? I thought i'd be able to graduate, to be successful. But it's not what God had planned for me. I'm just another Conrete Angel, here to help with God's plans for humanity. Thanks for reading <3

I hope you get better. And look, the chance are pretty good you will, I've had 2 friends with the same cancer, and both survived. Don't give up and keep hoping! Everything will be alright. :-)

Hi Lyn,

How are you feeling? Do you know what "stage" your cancer was at when they diagnosed you? Because that will help to determine your life expectancy. Do you want to have an open and honest conversation with your doctor? Or would you prefer that your mom handle that? It is a lot to ask of yourself at 17, but there are teenagers who do better knowing everything there is to know about their diagnosis. If you are at Stage I or II, your chances of recovery will be much higher than at Stage III or IV. Perhaps your mother is simply depressed and upset, never thinking her child would have to go through something like this. Anyway, if you want to begin the dialogue with your doctor, you can ask him questions directly, with or without your mom present. You can also ask your nurses...if there is one to whom you feel particularly close with, you can try speaking with him or her and asking them what your chart says, what stage your cancer is, etc. I hope this helps you, and please keep me posted as to how you are doing. Thanks. :)

keep your chin up! i well be praying for u and your family. Just hang in there and be strong please what ever u do u can fight this and get stronger ur so beautiful and to young to be haven this happen to you im very sorry... please what ever u do dont give up. just think positive u well graduate! u will be prom queen! u will be what ever u put ur mind to be!!! hang in there sweetie...Amen.