hello. i was looking up treatments for hemerroids and one suggested a tube bath, what does that mean? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Health Advisor
What you have been suggested is called “sitz bath” and is usually used to relieving irritation or itching and depending on the hemorrhoids you developed, you may get rid of them as well. This, only in addition to food changes and a lot of fiber and fluid intake.

However, most of the time, they just help you relief the pain and discomfort but if your hemorrhoids are so severe, the baths may have no benefits.

I have developed hemorrhoids during my pregnancy and had problems with my bowel movements but when I gave birth, I increased fiber intake and they just went away on their own. I guess I was lucky because many people need to have them removed.
What did your doc tell you would be the best solution to your hemorrhoids?

There are many possible treatments and their choice may depend on type of hemorrhoids you developed.

As for the sitz baths, you can fill your bathtub with a few inches of warm water and sit in it for 20 minutes or so after every bowel movement and maybe even an additional 2-3 times per day. Make sure you dry the area thoroughly but don’t rub it or wipe hard just pat it carefully.