i have been a heavy user now 4 a gd 5 yrs and smoking occasionally before that, it has totally messed up my life, didn't do well in school, messed up my social life and brain ect. I have gave up once before for 6 months and didn't have any withdrawals (mainly cause i didn't go out at all) then i met my now boyfriend whos also a heavy/daily smoker so i started smoking again heavier thn before (due to now living together) i've now decided to give up again and am finding it easy to resist smoking even tho bf and friends still smoking, bt am having real bad withdrawals, i don't feel i have much support frm bf were arguing and come close to splitting up today and this is only the 4th day, the only reason i want to smoke again is so me and my bf go back to how we were i love him loads and it wuld kill me if we broke up over this as im trying to do something positive wit my life bt it jst seems to b back firing on me, every day is harder and am getting different withdrawals bt i no im strong enough to do it. I jst wish i had some support or someone who no's what its like. The main withdrawal thts the hardest is my anxiety (which i didn't no it was anxiety till reading some of the posts on here) others which are hard to cope wit are the hot and cold flushes, my brain racing around, and crying over silly little things. Oh yh and chronic head aches.

Cannabis use can lead to serotonin depletion in the brain, which is an important chemical that you need for your mental well-being. I think that it would be a good idea for the time being to see a therapist or your physician about antidepressants. That will help curb your anxiety, because that's the real issue that you have here. Most addictions help fill a need in our brains, so that's what will really help is getting to the root of the problem. I hope that this works out for you because anxiety can be very hard to deal with! Please keep us posted on your progress.

if you have to go to the doctors to get put on antidepressants to deal, wouldn't it be just as well to continue to smoke, but to be a little more grown up about it. i have smoked pot for 12 years now and managed to get through high school with good grades, have become a national certified pharmacy technician, state certified to distribute medications in residential and group home settings and have held a job at a doctors office for 4 years now. i worked in day cares and schools for autistic and mentally retarded children and in a nursing home caring for individuals with altzheimers disease, among other things, and i have done all this while smoking pot. you have to be able to know what you can handle and when. there is nothing wrong with comin home after a long day and catching a buzz to mellow you out. and atleast cannibus in natural, it grows and is not chemically processed in any way, which i find to be a hell of a lot better than going and getting a prescription for an antidepressant that may cure the anxiety that you are experiencing, or that could cause a bunch of adverse effects that are worse than what you have now. if you're serious about quitting then the best of luck to you, and i'm sure this may not be the response that you were looking for, but nowadays too many people are quick to send you to the doctor and drug you up, nobody looks for a natural solution anymore, but i myself would prefer to be considered a "pothead" by the general public then to go to a doctor and be doped up on some lab created drug that the people who created it don't even know how it works. just doesn't make sense to me. anyways, hope this is helpful, best of luck to you no matter what path you choose to follow. :-D