I am trying to stop smoking pot and i cannot sleep at night, it has been 4 days without smoking, and 4 nights without sleeping.

Almost like my body it is asking for more pot smoking, but i must stop.
I have been going to the gyn to become more tired at night, but my insommia it is driving me crayze.
Why am i unable to sleep?

I am a singer and it is not good to have a sensitive vocal cords/throat due to pot smoking, during music practices,
plus it gives me an unhealthy appearance.

Can i stop all at once, or should i still smoke lonce a week?

I was smoking every day to get energy to go to the gyn.
Pot does raises my energy levels, but i want to look healthier and have more focus and concentration.

Also cannabis makes me emotionally unstable and very agressive with my friends/family.

What can i do to fell sleep at night, without develloping another addiction?
Thank you so much everyone!
Obs: I am soooooooo happy to find this site!

Hi DancingGirl! I am really glad to hear that you are quitting pot and after about three months you will be a totally new person. In the meantime, you are having trouble sleeping because pot is a depressant and now you're dealing with those effects. I think that using something like Ambien or some legal OTC sleeping pills should NOT be a big deal. They don't cause more addiction and they'll help you through this rough patch in the time being. Does that make sense? Is that something you're willing to do? Let me know, okay?

Try herbal remedies extra sleepy time tea... awesome stuff, if you cant find that try valerian root that the main ingridient in the tea ;-) BTW they are all natural supplements just dont use them for more than four nights in a row

Try herbal remedies extra sleepy time tea, if you cant find that try valerian root. Both work great especially for weed induced insomnia. AS well you can eat a bowl of cereal i know it sounds counterproductive but the tryptophan in the milk and the seratonin released from the carbs should help you sleeep.

I actually do eat cereal right before bed. So long as you don't have any super sweet or sugary cereal I think that it should be fine. :) How did you know my secret trick?

When I was younger i would wake up eat a bowl of cereal and fall right back a sleep LOL now when i wake up in the middle of the night or when i cant fall a sleep i find a bowl of cereal dows the trick ;-)

Healthyftnessguy!
Thank you for your sugestion, i will look into it.
I honestly think that drugs helsps humains avoid resolving their issues thus i will continue
just taking herbal tea as Guest and BJamim, have sugested. However it is good to know there
is a way of inducing sleep without re-creating more addciction.

I do looove milk anyways. But even though i drink milk the smoke withdrown does not allow me to relax to sleep.

However i did not understand your explanation that pot it is a depressant thus
i cannot sleep. But thank you anyways.

A friend of mine tonight, who studies brain chemistry, explained to me the cannabis relases 15 times the normal dosages of dopanine as when we eat or have sex, in the brain thus, smoking pot ( too much dopanine ) shots down the parts, of the brain which processes motivation, and focus and planning, which i am shoked to find
out.
But it certainly it fell very very good to shot down my brain, but the consequences are too harmful to my future
and present.
Guest and BJamim, thank you very much!
Thank you. You guys are very sweet and kind!

Hey Dancing girl I posted both the msgs once as a guest by accident ;-) Cannabis does effect dopamine but the real chemical it affect is anadamine. That chemical is an almost perfect fit for the canabanoid in THC. It has receptors all over the brain and mostly in the hippocampus. Which affects allot of things just read up on it and you'll see. Your sleep should be back to normal in another week but prepare yourself for some vivid dreams for the next month at least.

Bjamin

BJamim, how can i have dreans without getting any seep?
I do fall sleep around 5 am, thus last night i smoked some with the insistency of some friends and i sleep
like a babe.
And i have not had any dreans neither nightmares.

Today i spoke with some doctors who told me
i cannot stop radically, the process should be slowly
as to get my brain and body used
to the
decrease, i also got some sleeping pills, which i hope will hel me to fall sleep without pot.
I do not understand your explanations of brain chemical effects
but thank you anyways, i am will be reading today and all weekend on
Neuroaddiction and brain chemistry changes due to cannabis, as to give me more motivation to stop for
good.
Thank you for your generosity.

I have not had any sleep, so how can i get any dreans?
Well last night i was with some friends and given their insistency
i smoked again and i fell asllep like a babe, but still no dreans.
I do not understand your explanations on brain chemistry changes
but it is okay i will research on neuroaddiction the whole weekend
and brain chemistry changes due to cannabis as
to allow me to have more
motivation to stop.
A doctor told me that i should not stop all at once that the decrease should be slowlly
as to get my brain and body used to be pot free.
I got some sleeping pills which should help.
A doctor told me that cannabis can cause heart desease, why?
Do you know?
BJjamim!
Thank you very much.

I do not know about cannabis causing heart disease but smoking is as bad for you as smoking cigarettes with all the problems of emphysema and lung cancer so be careful! Tapering off might be a better idea. I understand not wanting to take pills, but sometimes pills do help quit a habit or something, and they're not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength. Thanks for the update--keep us posted, okay?

I have insomnia. My doctor prescribes a 'hypnotic' for me. RHOVANE 7.5mg. He gave me 30 pills and said to take as needed. I prefer to smoke pot. I am also a vocalist such as yourself, and also want other ways to sleep. If your sleeping problem was a reaction to trying to stop using weed then I'd say quit, but if your sleeping condition is real and existed far before you ever tried pot...then that's a different story.

I've been reading that some warm cannabis milk would do the trick just fine. And both ingrediants are from NATURE- cows milk and the weeds their manure fertilizes. Not some pills that can REALLY mess you up.

I thinkt that people are trying to quit cannabis on here. Of course it's from nature, but so is hemlock and arsenic and a lot of poisons. Just because they're from nature doesn't mean that they are necessarily good for you. THC is the active ingredient in cannabis milk too, so that would not help you quit.

Hemlock has medicinal value in the right dosage.  Arsenic was not meant to be ingested...but has been used medicinally in the past....parasites....possible cancer treatment.  One cannot die from an overdose of pot.  Come up with a plan to ween and stick to it.

Also, if you commit to consuming it is a way differently than you have, like the milk or edible and only b/f you sleep this will help.   I think if you use the canna milk you will not relate it too the smoking of it.  Then you can add half regular milk and so forth.  Smooth sailing.  If u have been smoking for a long time you will need to address why You started and stuck with it.  Anxiety is a common reason, but you may have to dig.  Good luck.