So I started smoking weed arnd a year and half ago and last 3 months I used to smoke sh*t tonnes everyday just high 24/7. Before that it was a lot less like maybe 2g a day. But 16 days ago I did LSD and didn't have a really good trip and realised I wanted to quit. First few weeks it was just irritability and sleeplessness but these few days it has gotten worse I get severe anxiety attacks feel like I am going crazy it's too much to handle. I've never smoked a cig and I don't even drink. I have read at a lot of places that this is normal but I just want to know when it will subside and if there is something I can do to make this go away faster.

I meant 2g a week

Hey so this is me again. I am at my 25th day now the anxiety is still there and so is the loss of appetite but sleep is much better. The third week was definitely the worst it gets better after that so stay strong and dont start smoking again. You will want to smoke to get over all these withdrawals but just stay strong and it will get better after the third week. There are still some times when i get a lot of anxiety especially when i am alone or going to sleep at night or waking up in the morning - i was wondering if anyone else feels the same. Thanks and stay strong.

Also i've started working out a lot and i feel that helps a lot even if you are not taking any supplements or anything.

Day 35 - Hey so i dont know if anyone even reads this but i know i would have loved to know that someone else was going through the same thing so here is the day 35 update. It got really terrible towards the end of week 4, there were times when my ead would hurt so much for over thinking and anxiety that all i wanted to do was sleep. every morning i would wake up all sweaty with high anxiety, sometimes it would last all day and it felt like the world we are living in is not real or just pointless in general ... but it is much better now just remember whatever you feel it is 100% just anxiety no matter how bad and real it feels it is just anxiety.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Day 72 - if anyone ever reads this, it gets better, a lot better. As they say it does come in waves. A few days you would feel good and then it comes back but mostly its less than the last time. Slowly the good period keeps getting longer and anxiety period keeps decreasing. Sometimes i still dont feel normal but i guess its gonna take some time although i am definitely a million times better than that first month or even the second month. I've noticed sometimes the anxiety comes back for a few minutes right after i am done working out. Oh and my diet is much better much much better. I am actually gaining some weight. The dreams are still there havent had a single night when i didnt dream till now. So to all those people going through withdrawals i know it is really hard but dont lose hope and start smoking again because it does get better. IT DOES.

Keep us updated, please.

Appreciate the updates...I just quite smoking pot since I am having really bad anxiety from it, mostly from eating it. If anyone is sensitive to smoking pot, I highly recommend that they NEVER eat it since it is like taking a really strong hallucinogenic that weighs you down. Uhhh, not fun. Anyways, pot is amazing and I am going to go off it for a long time. I am hoping I can bring it back into my life since I really enjoyed it on the weekends, especialaly compared to drinking a ton. My heart goes out to ANYONE experiencing anxiety, its a horrible feeling but it is so common and it something we can ultimately control so everything can be ok!

<3

>1 year report Hey guys its me again. Wow has it been a while. Been over a year now. One year one month and 19 days since i quit. First of all I'd like to tell everyone I am feeling amazing. It takes around a year but it does get back to normal. I know a year sounds like its forever (I remember thinking the same) but thats how long it takes and you WILL get better. For me i had extreme general anxiety till around 8 months. It was like I was living in my head for 8 months. Only longing for the precious few hours of peace that i used to get when sleeping. Then in december one day i woke up and it was all gone. Yes it does come back here and there but its for a minute or two and i can perfectly handle it. Going through all this has made me stronger than ever and I believe I can face anything in life. Thats all I wanted to say for myself. Just fight through it guys. I know its hard esp when your friends don't believe that something like this can happen from weed. But stay strong. Also i did smoke a couple of time here and there around month 3 and 4 but which caused panic attacks the next day so i permanently quit. I still do get urges sometimes but i tell myself IT IS NOT WORTH IT. Leave this sh*t and do something productive with your life. Thats it for me guys.