Okay, So I love to run.
But I need some help!

How should I breath,
Whats best for getting my muscles back(i've stopped running for a long while) in my thighs and calves,
How can i build endurance and speed?
And any other general tips I should know? (:

I'm getting ready for track and I'm trying to get back
in to shape early(track starts around May, I think)

Thank you (:

Speed is built on the track so doing track is the way to go. Start off with 4 x 400meters and take 2 min breaks in between each 400. This is a good way to start and build up your distance as time goes on. I also found that hill repeats has helped me alot with endurance as well as long slow runs over a weekends.

I am also a running fan. One of the most important factors in running is breathing, breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth this will stop you from getting the pain in your side. Stretching is also a big factor make sure that you stretch you calfs and your neck. You might think why the neck well its because when you run you move your arms quite a bit. Also pump your arms along with your legs becasue the faster one pump your arms the faster your legs will go.

First of all, you should set yourself a training schedule. Example, how you can going to train everyday. Then follow that plan closely. As for you, you are trying to build speed and endurance. That's no secret to it. Just keep training. Hope it helps, you are on the right track.

I'm trying to get my self set up for the Run for the cure on 0ct. 3rd. thanks for the advice on training.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I also am running track (which I love). Our track coach is amazing. If you want to really get a butt and have good legs I would do 400's. I wouldn't do alot of those at one time though because those are physically exhausting. If you want to practice indurence try 800's. For a really good workout try a 45 second drill... just do 10 100's and give each 100 45 seconds to complete. With the leftover seconds you use whats left to catch your breath then start 45 seconds again and do the second. and so on and so on. For an easy yet affective workout try 6 200's.

Find a good steady rhythm for your breathing. Interval running is really good for building up speed and endurance.

Use deep breathing exercises. Breath in your nose and exhale in your mouth. Endurance and speed are build in the long run. Be consistent with jogging. The best time to jog is morning. 

I got a werid question, i use to jog/run constantly. i use to do 4 days out of the week, i would do 5k's each time. Now what i'm about to say that happened to me happened about 3 or 4 times. I havent done any cardio work outs for about 2 to 3 years.  

So what happened to me after my run, or cardio boxing, or i guess intense work out, my hands clenched up real hard and went numb, my feet went numb my breathing got faster, my face litteraly got pale, my lips turned blue. 

Earlier today i went for a 14 min walk around my block. When i got back to my porch i stood t here to kinda get my breathing back to normal but instead i get the feelin of blood rushing to my head, (i bet my blood pressure went up)the feeling im going to pass out. My hands,face, and legs got a tingly a sensation that my body knows to well from when i use to have panic attacks and the other time my extremities went numb.

but i digress, i said about a week ago i have to do something because my overall health has gotten to a rut from doing nothing.  All because i'm too afraid of what happened to me 4 times will happen again.

Any imput will be apreciated. 

p.s i have gone to the doctor about this, i have had cat scans ekg's all the goodies, acording to my doc i'm fine. 4 yeas ago.