I need a training plan to help me get in shape for XC

My best 1 mile time is 5:21 and my best two mile time is around 12:30.

My goal in XC is a 6 minute 3 mile which yields out to a 18 minute race. From there, I would train to lower that time.

How should I train Monday-Friday? Looking for Specific workout routines.

Also, should I do interval training on 800 and 400 intervals on the track?

are you training to get ready for the actual XC season or are you looking for workouts during the XC season. if its during the XC season just train with your team. but if you're training for it here u go

You really need to work on endurance - when i had a 5:20 mile, i ran a 11:30 2 miles (5:45 per mile). So just do lots of miles every day.

And yeah, you wanna focus on speed intervals 400-1600 with the occasional 2's thrown in

Are you in high school?

My advise would be to build a base of miles with a weekly long run this summer. I wouldn't really even think about speed work/track work. Just run, put in the miles, and maybe once or twice a week run one of your runs hard.

Yeah... I'm in High School. High school XC season starts in the fall...

I've basically decided to start worrying about time and just get my miles in. Build my endurance. I have a personal trainer this summer, he's from a college. Three days a week 2 hours per day. The other two days I'm either resting or on a recovery run.

My goals are around 50 miles a week. Around 10-15 miles everyday. That way, when XC starts and I only have to run 3.1 miles, it will be a cakewake and I can step up pace.

BTW: I've never worn XC shoes before, can you use them as school shoes if you take the spikes out?

Does anyone know of a really good pair of XC shoes? I've looked at the Zoom Kennedy XC and the Adidas Neptunes...

Your spikes (even with the spikes removed) probably shouldn't be used as school shoes.

10-15 miles per day seems a little excessive, but I'll leave it to someone a little more experienced in training schedules to give a better schedule.

For the record, I'm running a 36 mile week this week with only four days of running.
Tue:4
Wed:9
Thur:5
Sat:18

A good rule of thumb that I've heard is to have the weekend run be as long as the week's miles. With that in mind running 10 miles per day seems a bit much.

Yeah... I'm in High School. High school XC season starts in the fall... I've basically decided to start worrying about time and just get my miles in. Build my endurance. I have a personal trainer this summer, he's from a college. Three days a week 2 hours per day. The other two days I'm either resting or on a recovery run. My goals are around 50 miles a week. Around 10-15 miles everyday. That way, when XC starts and I only have to run 3.1 miles, it will be a cakewake and I can step up pace.
I don't think thats a very good idea. If you want to run 50 mpw, you would be better suited to do 10 miles for 5 days than 15+ miles for only 3 days. You could also consider doing doubles a couple days if you want that many miles since you wuld be able to run at a faster pace for 5 miles (5 in AM 5 in PM)

Those are some ambitious goals, but definitely do-able. You just need to keep training and continue to work hard and run everyday. I wouldn't recommend doing any 400 or 800 intervals to train for cross country. Unless of course, you need to improve your kick at the end of an XC race..

Trail Running Blog

check out marathoner. it's a cell phone app. people post their training sets on there for others to reference and use. it has a lot of other cool features too like how to start your own and log everything. its on blackberry app world.

I think you don't need a special training plan to improve your time, just do some running regularly and try to improve your time per mile. I am sure you'll be happy with the results if you keep up your motivation.