I was wondering what the best way to train for this would be. Ie., what kind of work out regimine should I have? What should I eat? etc.

I've just started training and I basically run on the treadmill at the gym, each time I go raising my speed by 0.1mile/hour. I'm currently running at 6.5mile/hour and it's not too difficult for me. Today I ran that for 15 minutes straight.

Afterwards, I do some situps, weightlifting/weight machines, and use the elliptical machine for awhile (anywhere from 20-30mins).

I'm a 22 year old female and my goals are to apply for law enforcement positions. The requirements include being able to run a mile and a half in 11:30 minutes or less. Currently I'm doing it in just under 14 minutes, so obviously I have a lot of improvement, but I also have about 6-8months to do it in, so there is no rush.

Any thoughts?

I would begin by running and walking 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week. Gradually build to running the entire 2-3 miles, then extending distances to 4-5 miles about 3-4 times a week. You do not want to add miles dramatically, just maybe 2 miles/week.

This will build your legs up and improve endurance. Once you can confidently run 5 miles, try a time trial at 1.5 miles. If you are close, do some striders. Strider are short sprints focusing on form. You may need work on your stride to get under 11.5 minutes.

Best of Luck.