So, it started about a month ago. I started feeling very short of breath and couldn't figure out why. At first I thought that it might be allergy related, so I started taking my allergy medicine but nothing happened.

After three weeks of the same breathing issue, I decided that it was time to see the doctor (Which sucked because I have no insurance). The doctor saw me and just said that I had bronchospasms and sent me home with a prescription for an asthma inhaler. She told me to take 2 puffs 4 times a day, as needed. 

A week into the treatment with the inhaler (which was still not helping), I started to get new symptoms that worried me. I woke up one morning with a swollen lymph node, and through the day I started to feel worse. I became nauseous and I started getting a burning feeling in my abdomen. That persisted for two days and then the dizziness hit and I almost blacked out. Had my husband not coincidentally been giving me a hug, I probably would have fallen on the floor. I was also running low grade temps for a week (100.7 and such).

After that, I said to heck with it. I called the doctor again and scheduled and emergency appointment because I was far too concerned at this point. I got in, and all she told me was "I think that it's GERD, even though it's not presenting in the traditional way". Sent me home with a prescription for a Proton Pump Inhibitors and sent me home. I have a follow up in a month.

Has anyone else ever had this problem before or know what this is? So far I think that my doctor really has no idea what she's talking about. It seems she sees me for 10 minutes, says something, and then writes a prescription and sends me on my way. I'd rather spend money on a test for something, rather than spend money on perscriptions that don't even work! 

So, again, anyone have any ideas? =/ I'm so done....