a few weeks ago i developed a rash which comes and goes all over my body.
it started when i was lying in bed on my side, the arm i was lying on became red and kind of bubbly, a section about 10cm by 10cm was paler than the rest of my skin and looked almost like a blister, it was raised.. i thought it may have been heat rash so i just when to sleep
when i woke up in the morning my face showed the same signs as well as small patchy spots on my chest, stomach, thighs and arms. The patches are very hot, itchy and seem to occur more frequently on my arms. the symptoms come and go all of the time. they have not returned for almost 3 weeks now but im just wondering what it could be, i dont want it to come back again but if it does id love to know how to cope with it and treat it.
THankyou

In order to learn how to treat and cope with the rash, you need to know what kind of reaction it was. I suppose that it will be harder to realize that now since the rash is gone but you could figure out if there was something you had eaten, a drug you took or any other irritant you came across that could have caused your reaction.

You could pay a visit to a dermatologist and tell him/her about the symptoms and they may suspect something and even give you a cream or an ointment to deal with it if it occurs again. But they may also tell you to return if the rash returns.

I once developed a stress rash. I was working like 12h a day and I didn’t like it, I was always tired and exhausted and anxious about it all the time. One day I developed a few bumps on my arm and thought that something has bit me. The following day I had more on my thighs, then my whole body became covered in these little bumps that were itchy and irritant.

The moment I was ready to go and see a doc, they disappeared. How weird is that?

I'm actually reading up on this topic because I'm currenly covered in hives. I'm not sure if it's something I ate or if it's due to stress. I've never had such allergic reaction as I'm having now.

The past few days have been extremely trying at work, and also I have had less sleep that usual. So, it's possible that it's due to stress.

I hope it goes away before I have to go to work tomorrow.

i think this is exactly what is happening to me. I've been working more than 14hr days for 2weeks, extremely emotionally stressed about it and suddenly 4 days ago my arms became red, "bubbly" and itchy, then the rash moved around my arms, symmetrically on each arm, my hands, lower legs, feet, scalp. My entire skin is itchy even where there is no rash. and though it seemed to appear once i got out of bed, im certain these are def. not bites. I've fumigated my apartment just incase tho, and am going to burn my bedsheets :-) so far, treatment with hayfever tables and cold showers is keeping it at bay, though strangely it keeps appearing in new places, and not returning to the old ones... I believe it is caused by stress, bcs I haven't eaten/ touched anything new in recent days. ironically i'm to busy with work to see a doctor.....

this same thing keeps happening to me, the light coloured patches keep appearing in different places on my arms or legs mainly,often starting at my feet, at different times, and are very hot and itchy. they are definitely not an allergy reaction, and as i have no added stress than i am use to, this is very puzzling. could it be pre-menopausal, i'm 43.

i have the same thing.. it started one night i was also lying in bed my i scratced my hand and saw it was red and as if something had bit me - i didn't pay much attention to it and only after a week or so it appeared again on my face and arm after a couple of days it started to show more frequently and i was worried but thougt maybe it's the detergent or heat or something.. i still have it after 3 weeks but it is much less and patches are smaller. i'm going to the doctor to do te blood analysis and test for alergies.. i hope it will go away soon. it's funy how it apperas and on different places goes away and comes again.. and i can't connect it with anything. it's itchy and red.. hate it..

this actually may sound a little gross
but have you washed your sheets in a while?
after sleeping on your bed for a few weeks or even a few days your skin starts to shed naturally and the little particles mixed with dust can cause an irritation while you sleep
if you are allergic to dust the bumps and itchyness may last longer than others

I have also suffered similar problems... i was told i has scabies, but have been treated 2 times now with no effect, it could alos be connected to an allergic reaction or exreamly irritated exma.
I have had no success in finding out what it is i ve had it for a month now and have only just been given a specialist appointment its outragous!

I have had a weird bubbly rash for about 2 months now. Its these weird bubbly red things that break out on my skin. it started on my arms then moved to my stomach back and thighs then down my legs and then to my feet and hands. its incredibly itchy and nothing seems to help. I saw my doctor and she did some blood tests and can not figure it out she prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide ointment which seems to somewhat help the itch but still nothing as far as it going away. It seems to flare up more at night time to the point where i cant even sleep due to the constant itch. Some have told me that its more likely stress related as i am going through much at this time but if it were stress wouldnt there be some relief some days? I can not figure it out and it is driving me crazy!! Recently ive noticed that i cant even shave due to the fact that its causing horrible amounts of razor burn. It doesnt seem to be contagious as no one in my house including my daughter have shown any signs of it. I do have Graves disease and tineaversicolar but again my doctor says its not related... Can anyone give me any clues as to what it may be and how to treat it? I cant live with this much longer!!! =(

I am having a similar problem but it seems to attack in the nights while i am asleep. I was told by my doctor that I have Urticaria, an allergic condition. I was put on Alegra for 8 weeks which initially seemed to control the itches. It can become aggresive as times and makes me extremely uncomfortable. The doctor also gave me a steroid that completely control it for approximately 36 hours. But if I stop the medication it came right back.

All this is very familiar to me. My rash is red and the itchy bumps are in clumps and are raised and hard to the touch. Mine are on my upper legs and rear as well as around my waist. The two instances this week were noticed when I woke up. I was sweating when I awoke but felt fine. The itching started immediately and I began checking the raised welts. Because I have had a bad case of hives due to allergy to an antibiotic, I immediately took a Benedryl tab and the redness, itching went away. But I need to know what is causing this. I don't believe I have eaten anything or taken any medicine that I haven't eaten or taken before.

i also have been suffering every night in my bed with these horrilble itchy bumps all over my body thought it was insects so fumigated washed steamed and painted my bedroom to no avail went to the dermatologist and was told i have urticaria but i dont understand why only in my bedroom i think its an allergy to something but i just dont know how to find out what and it is really having a detrimental effect on my life i cant live with this forever its too much

Did you find out what was making you itch?

That's been happening to me for an entire week already. I washed my sheets last night and I haven't had the reaction anymore. Try washing all sheets, pillow cases, etc.

It must be utricaria. Even I had similar symptoms and I was fortunate enough to detect it earlier and started with the medication. There is no proper treatment in Allopathy. Am following Ayurved.