Hi, I'm 14 years-old, and I have a strip of skin below the head of my penis which is connected to my foreskin. What condition do I have, and how can this be treated? What will happen if left untreated? Also, is this somehow connected to phimosis?

I also have a condition called phimosis, where, until when I was around 12-13 years-old, my foreskin was unable to retract, and gradually it became looser, and now it can stretch all the way just below the head of my penis, but it refuses to retract any more due to this strip of skin I mentioned earlier.

My foreskin can be stretched all the way and pass the tip of my penis, but it won't stay in place, and when i have an erection, the foreskin, when stretched, can just make it to the tip of my penis, but it won't stay in place, and will lower to the bottom of the head of my penis.

Also, I've heard of cases where this can cause pain, but it doesn't cause pain for me unless forced.

How can this be treated/fixed, and what would happen if this is left untreated?

What effect will this have an effect on when I'll have sex in the future?

I additionally have another problem (?) where my testicles move by themselves. Should I be worried about this? If any, what treatment should I have?

Thanks,
Alex

Health Advisor
Hi Alex,

Regarding the string problem....The string you mentioned is called frenulum and every guy has it. It could be that yours is too short and is preventing your foreskin from retracting.

You should see an urologist and have this checked. If the frenulum is too short it could cause pain and bursting during sex. It can be easily treated in a simple procedure called frenuloplasty.

In order to know for sure if you have a problem or not, you better see an urologist who will examine you and give you advice.

I have exactly the same thing. I am 15 and today is the first time i have ever retracted fully (after a few weeks of stretching) and i can't pull my foreskin any more than a couple of cm below the head of the penis. I am fully retractable (when semi erect an flaccid) but because the skin is still a bit tight it constricts my shaft a little bit but i think a bit more stretching and this will loosen. I have no pain and i don't THINK this is a problem but i would like to know. Is your flap of skin on the side of the penis where you look down? If so i have the same thing. Also, the head of my penis, when i touch it it is not sensitive but when i pull my finger away it sticks a little bit and hurts a little bit. I think this is normal because today was the first time i had properly seen the head of my penis.

hey guys

i am 14 and i had the exact same problem as you the strip of skin connected to the penis and the head of the penis is completely natural and is only removed in circumsition,
just stretch the foreskin back as far as u can, about twice a day for a couple of months and u will see the difference!
i can almost retract my foreskin fully when erect after 3 months of stretching, its totally worth the wait!

thankyou for all ur advise because i have that strip and i thought i was wierd,also thanks for the advice on pulling my skin back is there any wat to get rid of that strip of skin??

thank you for all that information because when i saw my strip of skin i thought that i could never have sex and i was mutated,will the stretching of the foreskin really make me able to retract it full

I have a strip of skin that connects from the RIGHT side of the head of my penis to the foreskin. should i be worried?

m8 if i was u i wud c a doctor

Hi im 15, nearley 16, and have been worrying about this problem ever since i started masturbating, i thought i had a problem and started reseraching what was rong thinking i would never be able to have sex!!

and now i have found this and been told what to do, i will try it for a month or maybe two, and reply to tell the outcomes.

i would like to say thanks to alex for being brave enough to share his information, as many wouldnt of been.

peace

That string as you all it is actually known as a frenulum. If it stops you from retracting your penis you have the condition known as frenulum breve. You can get rid of this by a tiny operation known as a frenectomy. It's a short operation and does not require circumcision. I hope this helps :-)

I have it too but do not want to go to the doctor as i'm really embarresed about the whole situation. And thankyou for this Alex i didn't even know what was wrong with me until i read your post.

i thin i have the same problem just the bit of extra skin is partly blocking the opening of my penis. i cannot retract my forskin as the bit of skin is extremely sensitive shoul i get it removed as it is blocking part of the opening or will stretching simply work

The "frenulum" as its called lol. yea im 17 been having sex for a while but today mine snapped blood everywhere, it was extremely messy. Anyway I put pressure on it blah blah blah, went to the hospital and had it looked at he said "The frenulum has been torn and that its going to take about 5 days to heal again, so NO SEX! Until it has otherwise you will keep tearing it". Anyway it hurt like hell so good luck to ya and just be careful if it starts feeling like its stretching it then stop cause i didn't and it broke.... :-(.

hey im 14 and i know all bout the frenulum and stuff, but i have another strip on the other side
do i needa get it cut or something, or shud it detach by itself?
im really worried.
its on the right side of the head, and i can pull the left side of skin down just under the edge of the head, but i cant reach the end on the right - it really restricts how far i pull it.
i used to pull my skin back when i was younger but forgot and now ive started again a few months ago, does this affect it sumhow?

please help
thanks, liam

yeah i just realised that all along the bottom of the head of the penis is attached to the foreskin
if you get what i mean...

im reallllllly worried
liam