Yesterday I fell on the side walk while riding a bike. I landed straight on my chest. I got up, took my bike and went home. I thought nothing bad happened besides scratched my arm, but this morning when I woke up, I felt sharp pain in my chest when I tried to stretch. I felt this strange discomfort all day today but there aren’t any other symptoms. The discomfort is also present when I want to take a deeper breath. I am afraid that I broke my rib. What could the consequences be? Should I see a doc right away?

Two years ago I fell off the motorcycle. Luckily I wasn’t in a full speed but I did broke my rib. I was lucky when I think about it. I could have gone much worse. I as well didn’t have any other problems except for the pain I felt when coughing, laughing, or sneezing. I went to see a doc, he did x-rays and saw broken 5th rib without another complications. He sent me home with pain killers and told me to rest, so that it can heal. I would advice you to have x-rays done, so that a doc can check what really happened with your ribs. Maybe you broke your sternum, who knows!!!