i am 14 years old and i crack my knuckles when they get stiff and some people have told me that i will get arthritis. i really dont know if i will or not but i would like to know so i can get help to stop and so on. please help

Bones cracking and popping at your age are fairly normal. You are still growing and developing. I remember a doctor telling me at your age that I had "growing pains." Basically my shoulders kept popping and causing some discomfort. I took a couple aspirin at the time and all was well. Of course, consult your doctor before taking any medication, even over the counter stuff. Don't worry though. Do you have arthritis in your family? Meaning did your mother have it, grandmother, aunts? Some arthritis can be hereditary so that would increase your odds. But, from what you are describing you are probably not going to acquire arthritis. Think on positive things! Not things that could or could not happen ;-) You are too young to be worrying.