I have to ask this, because this is a very new symptom that I never had before. The thing is that my knuckles are killing me lately. I feel my knuckles are so soar that I can barely handle it any more! Each morning I woke up I have to run warm water over my fingers if I want to move them. Wonder if anyone has the same problem or that is something strange going on with me?

I was thinking how I am the only one with this kind of pain!!! I have the same, exact problem as you do. In the morning I can barely bend my fingers, and only after shower with warm water they start to loosen and feel a bit better. Still and after running warm water over them, my knuckles are very sore. I have problem when I need to write or sing things on my faculty. Sometimes I feel like I need to crack my knuckles but it hurts to even bend them. Since I have feeling my fingers are like Vienna sausages, guess there is combo or fluid retention inside so it makes knuckles look like that. Also I was thinking that our joints loosening up from hormones. My friend told me it is caused by fluid building up and pressing on nerves. She experienced it during her second pregnancy and first was so terrible that makes her cry. She said it is pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. Guess there is nothing we can do, but move knuckles to make blood passing through them, and avoid this soreness.

About two weeks ago I noticed my hands are extremely sore in the morning, especially. I just began menopausal related hot flashes a few months ago and am 54 yrs of age. I quit working out at the gym last Sep or so and have subsequently lost muscle and gained about 12-15 pounds for a total of 137 pounds at 5/4". (Ugh)

could this weight gain or hormone changes cause these painful hands? Has anyone else experienced this and tried anything that worked? Thanks for any assistance.

Yes! About two weeks ago my knuckles started to hurt. I had to take off my wedding ring as it just was too painful. I too am having hot flashes so I wonder if it is hormone related . Haven't gained any significant weight, I just don't know. One sight I read said it might be from sore forearm muscles, which could be, as I sleep scrunched up, but it hasn't happened before.......
Don't know but I'm going to massage my forearms.

I know this thread is old but just wanted to vent. About two months ago the center knuckle on my middle finger (left hand) started to ache and hasn't stopped since. If I ball my fist up it hurts like crazy and otherwise has a dull constant ache. I can see a knot (or lump) on one side of the knuckle that hurts like crazy if it's tapped (knocking on a door, even lightly, hurts like you wouldn't believe). Guess I'll go get it checked out.

ohmy gosh same i fell on mne

i think we are on the computer to much

Yes I have the same problem every morning my knuckles pain like crazy and i can't even hold a coffee cup or anything this is a problem cause I work on Yachts so need to use my hands. My fingers all so swell up at the knuckles. Does anyone no whats wrong.

Mine is same finger on same hand. I hope it isn't the beginning signs of arthritis.

I get sore Knuckles ,what helps me is i put my hand in a vice and close it just for some presure and then add deap heat or goanna oil.. the vice helps with presure u could sit on your hands for a while but try get someone give you a hand massage.

Yes my knuckles are very sore and swollen and don't know what can be done to ease this problem

I have the same stiffness but not in every finger. Mostly the "middle" finger on both hands thumb on both hands.